EBay buyer requested refund before shipping item. Granted refund, opens unauthorized transaction

Seabassthegreat
Contributor
Contributor

Basically, I sold an item of about $700 USD and I wanted to double check with the buyer before I sent the product since they had 0 feedback. They were very polite and cordial and then noticed an issue in one of the images i asked them to look at to be absolutely sure. Upon seeing that, they asked if I could cancel the transaction and issue a refund and not send the product. I was fine with that.

2 days later after back and forth messaging through eBay, the buyer tells me he Deleted his PayPal account.... 

‘so that raised a red flag for me. He opens a dispute since every time I try to,refund, it says it fails (due to possible closed PayPal account that no longer exists). Naturally eBay went in their favor, (I was able to appeal the seller Infraction as our communication shows we were actively trying to get his refund).

he won,  he got a refund from my PayPal balance Which shows in my PayPal activity. And next day, he opens unauthorized transaction dispute. But PayPal sees that I did send a refund... am I still covered? PayPal still has been reviewing the case since the 14 without requesting any information from me. Is that normal?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.