Help please, can't open a dispute on a dispute

Symiachaos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So I bought a doll online but didn't recognise the transaction on my account since it was written in Chinese, thus disputed it as not authorised. I was rejected and told it was. After further investigation, I identified the purchase but the doll never came and I can't seem to open a new dispute due to the old dispute. Help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Symiachaos 

Personally I would never give a child of mine a toy delivered from China as their safety standards are dreadful, however.......

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Symiachaos 

Personally I would never give a child of mine a toy delivered from China as their safety standards are dreadful, however.......

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Symiachaos
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the reply, the transaction was through a European site hence why I didn't recognise the Chinese as being related to the doll. The doll is also for myself as it was a collector's item 🙂 thank you again for your response.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.