Dispute

CPSP
New Community Member

I am in the process of disputing a purchase and paypal has asked me to file a police report.  The item was only valued at approx $50 and if I go to the police with this request they are likely to lock me up for wasting their time.  Does anyone know if there is a better solution to getting my money back from this fraudulent chinese company who implied that they were US company.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CPSP 

Don’t know if this will suffice (be sure to screenshot or print as pdf the report/receipt):

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam

Your police dept should have a internet fraud or just plain fraud division. PayPal just wants a report to make it official. It’s just paperwork, the front desk should be able to assist with it to get your money back. Just tell em’ that. Failing that, you can just skip the PayPal dispute altogether and do a chargeback through your card issuer. Provide whatever evidence you have to prove something fraudulent/scammy happened to your card issuer.

Are you filing an item not received (for not receiving anything but fake tracking number) or not as described dispute (for receiving something but not as described)? 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.