Why Can't PayPal protect me from scam artist?

jecate08
New Community Member

I purchased from a look a like Wayfair website via my PAYPAL. After purchasing I noticed that it was not legit and was in fact sent to an individual. I tried to go to the resolution center and PayPal informed me that I could not cancel my order via a scam and I had to contact the scan artist to cancel my order. Has anyone successfully cancelled their orders from scam artists? Well not only was I charged today via paypal from this scam artist but PAYPAL released $113.95 instead of the approved $99. He was able to increase the amount on the transaction and PayPal still sent it through. How can I resolve this???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Megan

Hello @jecate08,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I wish there was more we could do to cancel your order; however, we are only a payment processor and do not have access to third party companies websites or ordering systems. Orders need to be cancelled directly with the merchant. I recommend filing a dispute against the seller so that PayPal can assist with this. If you do not believe you will receive any item, then you can select "item not received," as the case type which will dispute for the entire order amount. If the seller never ships or delivers an item, then we can help you with a refund.

I hope this helps! Have a great day. 

-Megan S.  

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.