Dispute being mishandled

pvonb
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute because the seller sent me a $2 bracelet (some beads on a string) instead of a six piece lawn furniture set with fire pit.  Now, since there is actually a valid tracking number, PayPal wants ME to return the item to China with "tracking".  This will cost me over half of what I paid in the first place.  There seems to be no way to "contact" PayPal to dispute their solution.  The total purchase was a scam and the buyer (me) should not be forced to spend $50 to show I returned an item of no value.  They might as well have sent me an empty envelope.  It was pretty obvious when the tracking said the item was .5 lbs that it wasn't going to be furniture.  Is there anyway to contact PayPal directly as part of the dispute. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @pvonb Welcome to PayPal Community. Hope you are doing fine. We would like to help you with your concern. However since we can't verify from this page the details of your claim, please reach out to us by clicking on the CONTACT link at the bottom part of your PayPal page so you can see the communication support channel available in your country/region. Please include as well the case ID number of the claim so we can review the details. Keep safe!
Login to Me Too

pvonb
Contributor
Contributor

I had several chats with an agent and was advised to file a federal form, which I did.  I supplied via the dispute as an attachment.  If you look at my conversation below, I did everything I was asked to do.  I was advised today from PayPal that my claim was denied and in favor of the seller because I did not respond.  I responded SEVERAL times.  However, this is the most difficult thing in the world to do because you can't find anything on the sight and you can't communicate directly with PayPal.  This is absolutely disgusting.  I bought and paid for a six piece patio set, received a $2 worth of beads and PayPal found in favor of the seller?  I simply can not believer that this would happen.  Here is the conversation.

PAYPAL CHAT:  Jessie11:36 AM I am sorry for the trouble. I am sending you an email with directions to go to www.ic3.gov and fill out a report. Once we receive this report we can close the case in your favor with a full refund. Patti VonBargen12:30 PM I have gone to the www.ic3gov page. I do not know what to put in the Recipient bank information. You are now connected to Jessie Jessie12:45 PM Just put N/A for anything do not have have.

I then attached the form to my dispute and never heard back until I was denied today.

Date added

April 20, 2020

Your notes

Here is a copy of the complaint filed.

File
  • PayPal IC3 Complaint Referral Form.pdf

Any ideas what to do next??  This is exactly why scams are effective.  They got my money and I got nothing - including support from PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.