Shell petrol "Fill up and Go"

NickEva
New Community Member

Hi,

Does anyone know how much PayPal or Shell will charge me to use the new Shell  petrol "fill up and go" app?

Cheers,

Nick

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi NickEva,

Welcome to the community forum. 

There are no additional charges for using this service. You will only be charged for the fuel you fill up with. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

trickytrev
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to labour the question, but the Shell small print makes no mention of the PayPal service being free and in my experience everything I've ever done via PayPal comes with a charge. Can we have a definative answer regarding charges and the likelyhood of charges in the future creeeping in. Sorry for being cynical, but if PayPal aren't charging for the service are Shell charging us too much for fuel and paying PayPal on our behalf.... Otherwise what's in it for PayPal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi trickytrev,

There is no need to apologise. There are no additional charges from PayPal or Shell. PayPal and Shell have teamed up to offer our customers a more convenient way to pay.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

Furball
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i'm very concerned over the security of your new service of pay at the pump . I'm a victim of your new service   , you only have to look at my account to see that!  somebody has hacked my account and purchased £39 worth of fuel with it ..

.I'm sorry I totally disagree with your new service unless you can provide a dedicated pin number or some other secured  method to stop this type of fraud from happening , it's unacceptable how you can let  innocent peoples accounts be subject to this kind of fraud.

Login to Me Too

Quin1

Same here, someone filled up £73.09 from mine 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Quin1.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened here. I would advise you to contact us directly so that we can look into this further on your behalf.

You can contact our customer service team directly through the Contact Us link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. Alternatively, you can try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David

Login to Me Too

Tip1
Is this service in America?
Login to Me Too

Cj401107
Contributor
Contributor
Note to self PayPal do not care as they can't even be bothered replying on this post unless to promote this service ie first 2 questions answered everyone complaining ignored Ty PayPal for non help or even a reply to say you can't help
Login to Me Too

Cj401107
Contributor
Contributor
This is the worst option ever to be made available I'm sorry I'm not happy as my boy friend as just had his account hacked and some horrid person filled there tank up with fuel at my boyfriends inconvenience I just signed in then and it said PayPal protect ur money sure he will get it back but it's the inconvenience caused and cost of phone calls lodging a complaint it's disgusting what people will do so just keep a eye on your balances etc
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.