Shell petrol "Fill up and Go"

NickEva
New Community Member

Hi,

Does anyone know how much PayPal or Shell will charge me to use the new Shell  petrol "fill up and go" app?

Cheers,

Nick

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

dbc1234
New Community Member
I have also had someone in Birmingham use my PayPal account to purchase £50 fuel. I was down the other side of the country when this happened! I would like to know why you and Shell have made it so easy for this to happen, reading the above comments this has been happening since August 2015 and has still not been resolved!
Login to Me Too

JumboJet
New Community Member

I haven't had any unauthorised payments with the Shell Fill-Up-And-Go app but when I tried to logon to PayPal earlier this week I was told to change my password as there had been "unusual" access to my account from somewhere near Frankfurt.  When I looked at the date and time of this supposed unusual activity it was exactly the same time (to the minute) that I had used the Shell app to fill up in Surrey (UK).  So something odd there between PayPal and Shell in respect of where they think their petrol stations are?

The more troubling point is that if PayPal really thought there had been unusual activity on my account, they did nothing to inform me about this.  I only found out 3 weeks after the event when I tried to logon.

Login to Me Too

hakimtantawi
New Community Member

Alexc1986
New Community Member
This has happened to me twice on both occasions I have changed my password. The issue is that you have to call paypal and get them to remove the shell petrol authorisation on yor account and it won't happen again. Pay pal have been great and both refunded me in less that 10 minutes of the dispute. Thanks paypal.
Login to Me Too

sallyd1
New Community Member

this now happened to me, £40.00.

Did everyone get a refund......?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Sallyd1,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

I would suggest you complete a full anti-virus scan on any device you use to access the PayPal Account, once this is completed please change your password and security questions:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. On the following page, click Security.
  4. Beside 'Password' or 'Security' click Edit.
  5. Enter your new password or security questions and answers, and click Save.

You can also report this transaction as unauthorized in your PayPal Account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem with a purchase.
  3. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  4. Select 'Unauthorised transaction: I did not authorise a recent transaction.' and click Continue.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Thanks - Siobhan

Login to Me Too

shep532
New Community Member

I had £60.00 taken in October 2016 and now £100.00 on 08/04/17 and £60.00 on the 11/04/17.

I disputed the one from 2016 and I received a refund.

I have now disputed the ones in April this year and PayPal have refused to refund.

I have now contacted Shell and later today the Police as this is clearly theft.  Unfortunately my PayPal account had no balance and so the £160 came from my bank account.

I am sure this is a technical issue where the Shell App is accessing the wrong PayPal account, more than likely an issue at the PayPal end.

The SHell App should be withdrawn.

Login to Me Too

Philippa1967
This has happened to me 4 times. The first two times I was refunded immediately. It’s the same garage each time in Birmingham. This week it happened again and I changed my password and disputed the transaction. I never use PayPal to pay for fuel, I have a petrol car and it was diesel fuel and more importantly I live over 200 miles away! I was informed by PayPal It wasn’t “unusual activity”! Then three days later the same thing happens. I go into PayPal and there’s a warning that someone tried to access from Frankfurt and it’s “unusual activity” Imagine my surprise when it’s at exactly the same time as the first transaction which PayPal day is usual activity....PayPal allowed a further fraudulent payment from my account when I’d reported it, allowed payments to go when they identified suspicious activity and then denied there had been any! They didn’t allow me to put a hold on the account t whilst it was resolved. Imagine my anger to find this has been an issue for years and they’ve done nothing, apart from deny honest people a refund d. I’ve reported the second transaction, tried to complain (what a circuitous and pointless joke), reported this to the Police and got a Crime Number and once this is resolved I will be closing my PayPal account. For this to be an issue for so many people and for so long is unacceptable. As the payment comes straight from my bank I’m now over £100 down at the end of the month. Why on earth have PayPal allowed so many people to be affected by a known problem and then denied it even exists? Next stop trading standards.....
Login to Me Too

GarySN
Contributor
Contributor

I can't work out how to make my credit card the default payment option for Fill Up and Go.  Until my Amex card expired and was replaced recently, this was the default payment for Fill Up and Go transactions.  Since the card was replaced in my PayPal wallet, my bank account is being used instead.  How can I revert to the previous behaviour?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi GarySN,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

To change your subscription's funding source, you need to have an alternate card/ bank linked to your PayPal account.

To change your subscription's funding source:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Click Manage Payments.
  4. Click Pre-approved payments.
  5. Under 'Merchants', select the merchant whose agreement you want to change.
  6. Under 'Funding Source', click Change.
  7. Select an alternate funding source and click Save.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.