Shell petrol "Fill up and Go"

NickEva
New Community Member

Hi,

Does anyone know how much PayPal or Shell will charge me to use the new Shell  petrol "fill up and go" app?

Cheers,

Nick

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

Ninsky_be
New Community Member
£45 taken from my account at 2.30am this morning, nice to know your account is safe while I'm asleep. NOT! Can anyone tell me how long it took to resolve. Not hear a thing yet and was told would be sorted in 24 hours.
Login to Me Too

Cozza1
Contributor
Contributor

My claim took 2 weeks from complaint to refund.

As this seems to be a common occurrence, I think it needs to be within 24 hours as I lost my money all over the xmas period, not happy!!

Login to Me Too

Rebeve64
New Community Member

My account has been hacked and used at Shellfillupandgo twice today once for £65.91 and £40. So not happy

Login to Me Too

quickstream
New Community Member

I am fuming, i am a student and lost the last of the money in my account not 1 week before bills are due, i am also aware that paypal take in the region of 2 weeks to resolve this. I am pressing criminal charges against the person who stole money from me, should the police be able to find them. Paypal, i have now removed my card from my account and for now will no longer place my trust in your service. 

Login to Me Too

OnlyMeLarry
Contributor
Contributor

I too have had £29.84 deducted from my account by someone 200 miles away from me.

My Bank, Nationwide have said that the transaction appears to be valid.

Trying to get to talk to someone at PayPal is frankly a joke.

I have had to change my Debit card and all passwords.

Thing is I don't even own a "Smart" phone and have no idea how the transaction was processed?

Surely the person who did this, and maybe it's NOT the person to blame but PayPal/Shell, had to use a Phone?

If so wasn't the phone number recorded somewhere?

How do companies like PayPal/Shell get away with this?

Any comments from a PayPal representative?

Larry.

Login to Me Too

raqqers
New Community Member

I've also been hit by this 'scam' for £39 .... 

There's some serious security issues if this amount of people are getting stung by it.  

Not Happy.

Login to Me Too

OnlyMeLarry
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted one of the PayPal Directors about this (isn't LinkedIn great) and actually got a reply.

Guess what he said, "Go to the PayPal website" and follow the procedure for contacting the Phone Robot.

I joined Twitter today aswell just to Tweet PayPal/Shell trying to get some thing done.

Guess what they said, "Gi to the PayPal website blah blah.

Useless, how do they get away with it.

Login to Me Too

karlc
New Community Member

This is a complete joke. I've had this happen 5 times in 6 weeks. My card issuer have been superb, replacingmy credit card switfly. I've had no respone from Paypal, when I requested information the last time this happened, and it's just happened again.

I also had a Domino Pizza incident. 

There has to be a very poor secuirity setup, as I've used random generated passwords, and 2 factor athentication.

Login to Me Too

OnlyMeLarry
Contributor
Contributor

You'll get no help from PayPal.

I think it's a Software issue, not card security.

PalPay are returning the wrong information to the Information requester, ie Shell.

Probably returning our details when search errors or not found.

Poor Software testing.

They'll never own up to it.

Login to Me Too

NEMESIS65
New Community Member

Hi

I had £40 taken from my account charged to Shell. Then found out my wife had a £197 attempted which failed as she had no validation on the paypal account luckily.

When I have asked a few times via email to paypal - how this happens had no explanation or response.

It's still being resolved - nearly over a week later!!! Quick enough to take money but not refunding mo ey due to their terrible security. Terrible service and really reassuring your money and accounts are secure with them - Not

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.