where's my refund?

blodwyn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys

I'm pulling my hair out - I'm so frustrated!

My nephew has his own eBay account. On 29th November he won an item - but because he doesn't have a PayPal account, I paid for the item £58.85 with my PayPal account on his behalf.

However the item was not received. My nephew opened a Case. The Seller admitted she didn't send it, and agreed to refund. The refund was pending until 22/12/2010 EBay closed the Case. On 22/12/2010 PayPal removed the refund - I presume because there were insufficient funds in the Seller's PayPal account/bank account.  After contacting PayPal about this they said it was an eBay issue and to contact them.

EBay appealed the Case and I presume re-opened it - but NO REFUND. After nearly 2 months NO REFUND. This is disgusting. What happened to Buyer Protection? EBay are quick enought to take their fees though!

How can I get my money? By the way - the Seller in question has now received several Negative Feedback scores - all due to not sending the goods! But she's still allowed to trade!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Did you open two disputes one with eBay and one with PayPal as you can only open one dispute per transaction.

You should have received a full refund if you paid via eBay checkout or for goods, personal payments are not covered under the Buyer Protection Scheme.

YOu can ring both PayPal and eBay if you feel that your case has not been looked at correctly.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Agreed, if you have an eBay case open and the seller issues a refund that is then denied by their bank then you should just then get a refund from eBay, this is what happens automatically in PayPal claims of this sort. If it's still being appealed it could just be stuck in a queue somewhere, i'd say contact eBay and find out what happened in your claim!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.