foreign payment

dmtllama
New Community Member

a person from russia has just bought something off  me, i liive in the uk, so the problem is whenever he/she tries to pay for it, apparently paypal blocks him, any help?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What reason are they getting for the block? Have you given them the correct email address? They chould try using send money, and selecting pay for goods and inputting your email address manually. Or you could send a request for money for goods from within your PayPal account. Also try asking them to clear their cookies and cache as this sometimes causes problems.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Dmtllama,

Classy-diva's information is completely correct. The only thing I want to add to it is that if your buyer can't make the payment after following Classy-diva's advice, you should ask them to contact us directly and we can investigate it further for them.

David.

Login to Me Too

Ericnmel92
Contributor
Contributor

I have done all the things mentioned here and am still having trouble receiving money from New Zealand to the U.S.  This is not the first time I have experienced this. The buyer's seem to get a message that my paypal account is set up NOT to receive international funds. I don't understand? or how to change it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Ericnmel92,

I am sorry to hear that your issue has not yet been resolved. If a buyer is trying to pay you in a currency that you do not have registered on your PayPal account you may receive a request to open a balance in that currency. This will also help your payments complete to your account more smoothly.

May I suggest that you consider opening multiple currency balances to allow payment be recieved in different currency.

You can send money, receive money, and withdraw money in multiple currencies.

• When you send money, we automatically convert it to the currency your recipient prefers.
  • When you receive money in another currency, you can accept the payment in that currency or convert it to a currency you prefer (conversion fees apply).
  • When you withdraw money from your PayPal account, it’s automatically converted to the currency in your bank account.

You can manage multiple currencies in your PayPal account. Go to the Profile page and click ‘Currency Balances’ under ‘Financial Information.’

If you don't see this option, go to the Profile page and click 'My money'. Then click 'Currencies' beside 'PayPal balance'.

I hope this helps and please let us know how you get on.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Ericnmel92
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured it out! I had to go to Payment Preferences and uncheck "block" non U.S. payments, etc. There were about 5 questions and I just unchecked the ones that said, non U.S. currency or something like that. Hurray..my buyer was finally able to pay me! I think this something I set up when I first started Paypal years ago. You can probably do a search for the "payment preferences", then find it easily from there!

Melody : )

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Ah! You must have a US PayPal account, they're able to block non-US accounts making payments to them.

Login to Me Too

Ericnmel92
Contributor
Contributor

HA...Yes...and it took me FOREVER to figure out the problem!! UGH!!

Melody

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.