Limits Still In Place?

blingblings
New Community Member

As far as I'm aware, my account is verified and I've followed all the steps to lift the limits on my account, but there's still a £1,700 yearly limit. I've trawled the Help section, but to no avail.

How DO you lift the limits?

Login to Me Too
147 REPLIES 147

useanother
New Community Member

Dear All, Have tried all that has been suggested to get paypal  account verified and working again, no luck, emailed three times, no congent or relevent anwsers, have tried to verify bank details, no success.

But I have found the answer, USE A CREDIT CARD AND NOT PAYPAL.

Best of luck getting paypal to work.

Login to Me Too

lindakeille
Contributor
Contributor

i have done all that and still no joy of upping my limits paypal is 1 big joke

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi lindakellie, 

In order to lift your sending limits you will need to confirm your bank account. 

Here’s how to confirm your bank account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3. Click 'My money'.
4. In the Bank accounts section click 'Update'.
5. Click ‘Confirm’ next to the bank account you want to confirm.
6. Click the 'Set up Direct Debit' button.
7. The next page will display your bank details. Enter the full address of your bank account, then click ‘Submit'.

Once you've clicked 'Submit', we'll send two random deposits (both between 1p and 99p) to your bank account. These deposits are at our expense and you'll find them on your online bank statement within two to three working days, or on your next paper statement 

I hope this helps and thanks for your posts

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Robin1324

Barry@ Paypal, you do not know what you ae talking about. Paypal website requesting information SUXS because even after providing all the requested information, Paypay still continues to request the same information repeatedly. There is no feedback as to when it will be reviewed if ever. Just, "please provide "..blah blah blah. I regret now using Paypal and have now removed Paypal from my website as an option for payment by my customers until you **bleep** fix your **bleep** silly procedures.

Login to Me Too

henryhaven
Contributor
Contributor

I don't recall any statement about "limits" when I joined Paypal. I only use it for purchases and keep a special bank a/a topped up as required. I can't see any justification for limits and to refuse a purchase valued at £1.90 is ludicrous. I guess I'll just stop using the computer for shopping !

Login to Me Too

JMCweb
Contributor
Contributor

This didn't solve the problem. I have verified all the required information and have linked/verified my credit card okay, yet still seeing the limit in place...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hi, please log straight into the account. There you will see the account status and/or any limitation on the account. By clicking on that you will see what steps are required by you to remove the limitations.

Login to Me Too

lindamonkey
New Community Member

@PayPal_john wrote:

The best thing to do here is to confirm your card, it is not a requirement to become verified on a UK account but if you do not do this you may be only offered eCheque as a funding source on a payment.

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
3. Click 'Credit Cards' under 'Financial Information'.
4. Click 'Link and Confirm My Card'.
5. Click 'Save and Continue'.

Follow the prompted steps. Confirming your card shouldn't take more than 2-3 working days if you have online banking.

Login to Me Too

Nessie21Again
Contributor
Contributor

This is NOT a resolution.  

Login to Me Too

jedi
New Community Member

ok iv bin w8ing 6 days on the small amounts getting trancferd 2 my acount getting behond a joke i reached £500 withdrawal amount now stil got mony MY MONY i want trancferd in2 my bank the 2 small amounts havnt bin sent 2 my acount so i can up my limits PLEASE HELP

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.