Account limited for being under 18 when creating the account

jmknwls
New Community Member

Hi,

When I created my account I was under 18. However, I am now 19 and needing to use PayPal. My account is limited and it says that I cannot appeal against the limitation.

I can't remove my card details from the account because of the limitation, so is the only way for me to possible use PayPal again if I create a new account and get a new debit account? or, is there an actual way the limitations can get removed? I've been limited for probably 3 or 4 years now but I never really used it much so never really brought it up in great detail. 

Thanks,

Jamie

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but only paypal customer services can answer that one for you. They may be able to unlink the cards for you but there is a risk that as you broke the rules before that they will limit any new account.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi jmknwls,

If you create an account when you are under the age of 18 the account will always remain limited. However if you are now 19 as you say you can request for your financial information to be removed. You will be requested to upload copies of your statement to confirm ownership of the financials such as your card statement and may also be asked to upload a copy of your photo ID.

As kernowlass advised you should contact us directly so we can provide the option to upload the details and look to remove your financial information. Once the details have been removed you will have the option to add them to your new account.

I hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Paula

Login to Me Too

orgum
New Community Member

My account was also limited for the same reason (not being 18). I am 18 now and have money on my paypal account that was limited. I am able to withdraw funds to my linked bank account however i have closed this account so cant do this. And i cant add a new bank account because of my account limitations. Is there anyway i can withdraw the money to a different account or to my new account (created at the age of 18)?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi orgum,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

We should definitely be able to find a solution to this issue, either by helping you with adding your new bank, or assisting with transferring your money to your new account. I would recommend contacting Customer Support directly so we can review all options available to you.

You can find our contact details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Hope this helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.