Limits Still In Place?

blingblings
New Community Member

As far as I'm aware, my account is verified and I've followed all the steps to lift the limits on my account, but there's still a £1,700 yearly limit. I've trawled the Help section, but to no avail.

How DO you lift the limits?

Login to Me Too
147 REPLIES 147

mubeen
Contributor
Contributor

pay pal not  accepting my crridet card ssal i clos my account

Login to Me Too

Radar1955
I pay for items on eBay as a Paypal Guest, as I am keeping my PayPal account separate for when I become a Seller. However, I keep getting a message on eBay that I have reached my sending limit. I have linked my bank account and debit card to my PayPal account, and am "Verified". The instructions in PayPal Help are to log in, click Account Overview, click View Limits and click Lift Limits; but there is no such button as "View Limits". What on earth is happening? Does none of this work if you are paying as a Guest?
Login to Me Too

Emjam77
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to do this and nowhere on the linked page does it have "profile" :s

Login to Me Too

sharon12

hi,ya I gave all info to paypaland all the info,, to lift my paypal limits but it as bin about about 10 days now and I have 3 items to pay for so can you please sort the out the problum tor me as I may lose the I tems  I REARLY WANT.       THANK YOU STEVE

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey guys, if you're having trouble finding where to link and confirm your card you can use this link

https://www.paypal.com/mem-number

it'll bring you straight to the confirm your card page

🙂

Login to Me Too

svetlanasunny
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for resolving my issue with verifying my paypal ! I reached the limit few days ago and all the consultants advised me that I must add a new bank account however i do not have such,I have just the credit/debit cards...Thanks again!:)

I do hope now that once my credit card get verified , my Paypal limit will be removed!

kind regards,

svetlana

Login to Me Too

marie_s
New Community Member

I have done all the steps on my account and there are still receiving limits.  If I go to 'lift limits' all actions are ticked off and only button on screen is 'cancel.  My card has been verified and is all linked OK.  I have no ebay account at all linked to the paypal page.

I have phoned customer services about 6 times, each time I am told my account is fully verified and I have no receiving limits, every time I tell them that when I log in it shows a receiving limit and the amount remaining is dropping each time I get a payment - regardless they tell my my account is fine and verified and I have no receiving limits.

I have tried emailing with a screen attachment but I get an automated response that doesn't help hence I cannot get a real person to see the screen I am talking about - when I ring up (like the automated email tells me to) I am told that I do not have a receiving limit!   aaaahhhh!  what happens when my limit gets to zero I keep asking and they tell me I do not have a limit.

I do not know what to do if I keep ringing and I am told there is no problem but I am seeing a limit!

Help!!!!

Login to Me Too

valkyrie22
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Marie_S,

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Eventually, when I had received about £1600, I got a warning that I needed to take steps to lift my limits otherwise my account would be 'limited'. This time when I phoned Customer Services they were _finally_ able to tell me that I needed to send them a bit more info: some Photo ID and a recent bank statement etc. They put an upload link onto my PayPal page so that I could send the stuff they wanted. In my case I just took a photo of the documents and uploaded the images, but you could do scans or even fax if this was easier.

Within 24 hours of doing this my account limits were lifted!

I have no idea why this KEEPS happening to people and PayPal don't do something to fix it. In my case I was struggling for months to lift my limits and, like you, Customer Services kept telling me that as far as they were concerned my limits were already lifted, which was obviously not the case.

Why can't the PayPal representatives that read this forum flag this up? It's obviously happening to a lot of people. There is obviously a fault in the system. I came very close to ditching PayPal for an alternative payment method. I suspect that PayPal have lost customers who felt they were banging their heads against a brick wall and getting nowhere.

Surely it would be in PayPal's interest to get this sorted?

Anyway, good luck Marie. You may have to wait until you get the "EU Warning" however before you can get it sorted.

Login to Me Too

DavidShields
Contributor
Contributor

did you get this sorted as im having the exacly the same problem if you got it sorted please tell me how lol

Login to Me Too

Garry171
New Community Member

So how did it work out...im getting into the same situation

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.