Limits Still In Place?

blingblings
New Community Member

As far as I'm aware, my account is verified and I've followed all the steps to lift the limits on my account, but there's still a £1,700 yearly limit. I've trawled the Help section, but to no avail.

How DO you lift the limits?

Login to Me Too
147 REPLIES 147

Ferret1964
Contributor
Contributor
Can you help remove limites
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Ferret1964,

What limits are you referring to?

Have you verified your PayPal account? Once you get verified, you can send and receive amounts beyond initial limits that were in place on your account. To get verified, log in to your account and click the 'Unverified' link on your Account Overview page.

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Serroana
Contributor
Contributor

Having exactly the same problem... All the steps on the checklist have been ticked off, but it still won't let me lift limits.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The best thing to do here is to confirm your card, it is not a requirement to become verified on a UK account but if you do not do this you may be only offered eCheque as a funding source on a payment.

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
3. Click 'Credit Cards' under 'Financial Information'.
4. Click 'Link and Confirm My Card'.
5. Click 'Save and Continue'.

Follow the prompted steps. Confirming your card shouldn't take more than 2-3 working days if you have online banking.

Login to Me Too

timran

Hi John,

I don't see a "Link and Confirm" option. All I see is "complete verification" and when you click on that it asks for bank account details. I thought we were supposed to be able to pay with a credit?debit card. Not so?

Thanks

timran

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there timran,

If you go directly into your credit/debit card section in your Profile tab you will have the link and confirm option beside your card.

If not, you have already requested the code and you will be asking you to enter your PayPal code.

Login to Me Too

Tori85
New Community Member

If you're getting the same page as I was you need to click on the "Edit" link, check the box that says "Make Primary Card" and enter your CSC code again then click Confirm and it'll work.

Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

EGLARKIN
Contributor
Contributor

Dont do it Timran, they will have your money in the end, use another place for financial transactions, not paypal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, the limitations relating to “EU Receiving Limit/Warning” are there as a Compliance step. Once you get to a certain threshold of spending/processing we are obliged to re-verify your details. This basically means, confirming who you are, where you live and that the finances that you have on your account are actually yours.

We appreciate that it is frustrating to have to deal with this, but we do issue warnings before the limitation is placed. This is also a one –off limitation, once you have completed the steps, you won’t get that limitation again for the lifetime of the account.

This is not about holding your money or making anyone’s life difficult. This is about making sure that everybody who uses PayPal is verified and trusted, making it a safer place for everyone.

Login to Me Too

fahadmalik
Contributor
Contributor

I verified all the steps, sent in my photo IDs as well and etc. I get email from paypal to attach my bank statement in my cases section of paypal, I did that as well. After 3-4 days, I receaved email from services@paypal that my limits have been raised after verifying all my documents, I can login to my paypal and check. 

I checked but my limits are still there as it was before and nothing has changed.

Fahad.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.