How to add files to a claim?

Gabble1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have an opened claim against a seller who (after being scammed myself) is well known for scamming after looking through the web.  I have filed a claim against him, but I am unable to add supporting documentation.  It says:

Supporting Documents

Files (0)

You havn't submitted any files.

But there is NO OPTION where I can submit files?!?!  There is no add button or any link.  Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Crysty, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community!

If you would like to upload additional information into a dispute/claim this option normally becomes available only when you are asked for an specific document. If you have not been asked yet, I suggest you to wait till you get an update about  your case 🙂

Hope this helps, 

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Tarling
New Community Member

Hopefully this will be the same for all claims, because when I've spent the past week sourcing all my proof, and organizing it in detailed files [46 files zipped to 37MB -- I also have them stored for access on my server]... and now I'm seeing there's no way to even submit the files to prove my defense.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Tarling,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

When you have a claim open there is only certain information that we can accept to support that claim or to defend it. For example we are unable to accept photos or chat conversations. If there is something that we need we will let you know exactly what to provide and we will give you an upload option. If you are asked for information this is how to provide it:

Here's how to upload files for your claim.

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
  3. Click Respond in the Action column of the claim in question.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to send the file(s) to us.
  5. Repeat steps 1-3 as many times as required, up to a total file size of 9,900kb, using a jpg (preferred), gif, pdf, or png format

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Micklemus
Contributor
Contributor

Despite the advice follow the onscreen instrucrtions there aren't any apart from add which when clicked on brings up a widow that bears no resemblance to what is needed to upload a document asked for bu Paypal.

What is wrong with an email attachment that all computer isers use including EBAY......   Faxes went out witht the Ark. 

Login to Me Too

Dogman360
New Community Member

yes all you need to do is put this in your browser url bar  www.paypal.co.uk/uploadstatements . This will allow you to upload additional evidence, dont worry paypal will tie it to your case 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Dogman360.

Thanks for providing this helpful information.

We would also advise to try notifying our claims team once files have been submitted as the files will not be attached to a case automatically if uploading through the link you have provided.

David.

Login to Me Too

Maikelvosje
New Community Member

Go to this site problem solved

www.paypal.co.uk/uploadstatement

Login to Me Too

PPlee
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have an open claim. It relates to not receiving digital goods. The seller provided these by means of a digital 'key' to activate on the Steam platform ('Steam gift'). However, when this was clicked I got a message that it was no longer 'available to you' because the seller had 'returned it to their inventory' or 'sent it to someone else'. As I had marked the claim as the goods not being delivered (I do not dispute the email was received but rather the goods could not be redeemed - so they were not delivered). The seller has provided email tracking data as 'evidence' that the goods were received - however, since the code they provided could not be redeemed, tracking email data does not establish anything (any more than proof of post (e.g. of an empty box) establishes physical goods were received). 

What I want to do is upload the files of the error message on Steam (saying goods not available to me) and also evidence that I have tried to send this information three times to the seller, all of which failed to deliver due to the seller's inbox bouncing these emails back. Since I can't upload files I can't do this. I do not see how Paypal can properly consider the claim in the absence of this evidence. 

Grateful if you could advise. Your contact number just repeats automated details of my claim status - that I can already access on your site and I cannot see any way of contacting the claim handler. The claim status states that it is waiting for my response, however, when I click respond there is no option to upload files or write a message. 
Login to Me Too

gremyan

i made a payment by paypal and bought a good from one seller. i paid for it 2650$. but he cheated on me and sent me a signaficiantly different item which doesnt cost even 5$. so i opened a paypal claim because he doesnt want to take his faulty and doesnt want to refund.  I have  video recording as a evidence . there is shown everything >> starts opening the package ends the showing the item inside of it. So i want to know how to add this evidence. ?? also i have a conversation screenshoots with seller which i also can add. help me please. he wants to rub my money .

Login to Me Too

gremyan

i made a payment by paypal and bought a good from one seller. i paid for it 2650$. but he cheated on me and sent me a signaficiantly different item which doesnt cost even 5$. so i opened a paypal claim because he doesnt want to take his faulty and doesnt want to refund.  I have  video recording as a evidence . there is shown everything >> starts opening the package ends the showing the item inside of it. So i want to know how to add this evidence. ?? also i have a conversation screenshoots with seller which i also can add. help me please. he wants to rub my money .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.