Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

cawfee

"Apparently PayPal no longer wants to do business with eBay..."

Funny... PayPal IS eBay. eBay bought them several years ago.

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

They are now SO FULL OF CRAP, I am not using them anymore!

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, me too; suddenly they want all this money in "their" account. I found out they had $ 100.00 in their possession! I said reverse it, send it back and dont' ever do that again! They had $ 100.00 of my money that I didn't know about! I instructed them to use my credit card as 'default' anyway, but they apparently don't do that anymore! Bye bye Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too

Cauthon
Contributor
Contributor

"I setup a new paypal account with the new master card and I’m back to a 10k limit."

Well, if that's all it takes, I already have more than one credit card, including the one I just got from PayPal because they said that would get me past the bank requirement.  [Right, I would be more inclined to go along with their other BS if their communication were not quite so full of BS too.}  I will straitway go to PayPal and see it that will pull the wool over their webcams and get me back in business.  Thanks for the advice.  

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi it would appear the American PayPal user's have a different Limit to the UK? I would ask,What is your Limit? how Long does that Limit last? a week? Month.Year?are you satified with that limit? then Why do you need to be veried? if PayPal has given you a 10,000 dollar limit? How long does that limit last?is it for sending/receiving?it would appear there is a lot of confusion about the Limit given to its users by PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Pamela81
Contributor
Contributor

I believe the limit in the US is 1,000 but I could be wrong...PAy Pal is really awful for putting their customers through this.

Login to Me Too

abusedcustomer
Contributor
Contributor

Plz file your complaint with the FTC.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Login to Me Too

Interloper
Contributor
Contributor

Just open an empty account or leave $20 in and use that one, not your main one.

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi regards PayPal's verification demands,Why get verified? I refer to a UK National Newspaper report dated december 9 2010.Jailed,£1m fraudster who sold fakes on eBay,a seller on eBay is was claimed  over less than four years,the father of two made more than £1 million.it allowed him to live a millionaire's lifestyle with him plush homes and a fleet of expensive cars.His criminal empire began to unravel when a courier became suspicious about the contents of a package he had delivered to Sharma's five-bedroom detached home . Investgators found Sharma had used up to 30,YES 30 account names on eBay ,so much for Safety buying on eBay,I would ask,did eBay get in touch with ALL those buyers of those Fake Goods? Why was this seller Alowed by eBay to have 30 accounts? what about payments? did he have 30 PayPal accounts?

Login to Me Too

Madhatterpa
Contributor
Contributor

I can understand this and would agree that any BIG seller should have to be verified.. (no one has defined verified yet) but for a typical BUYER, why do I need to verified if I have been buying ad hoc for years under the same name and account? I've had ID stolen once and it took years to recover! Now I have protection in place and pay for it to be watched.. Being reVerified the PayPal way now will put this process in jepordy as it goes outside the flow that I worked so hard to put in place..

Protection is a two way street.. I agree that all Sellers should have a sell limit before they must  be verified by these means but this should not be a sellers burden were there is more at stake if the personal account information is exposed.

Bottom line the type of VERIFICATION that I see PayPal asking would not of stopped the person in the writeup you present.. People and business can have multiple Bank Accounts and Multiple Credit Cards with multiple people living or working from the same residence.. Capturing Volume of Sales and using IA fraud detection software would be the only way to identify potential Sellers that fit the description in your note.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.