Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

ap4

I totally agree.  Forcing people to give out their bank account information is EXTORTION!!  That's like Walmart demanding your bank account to use the debit machine.  I have closed my Paypal account and will no longer purchase from anyone that requires payment via Paypal.  Our banks protect our credit cards, we don't need Paypal to do this.  This company is not a bank.  It's a private company and does not protect our banking information as a bank would.  They can freeze your account and you have no recourse.  They can damage your credit in doing so.  They need to learn they cannot extort this information out of people or they will lose business.  More people need to close their accounts and set these people straight.  I thought extortion was against the law.  Is this company above the law??

I value my credit rating and my bank account.  Good Bye Paypal.  I quit too!!

Login to Me Too

Lindacat
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened a PayPal account because in the past you couldn't even have one unless it was attached to your bank account. Now you can be unverified, but just try to withdraw funds. I don't need PayPal for buying online or selling online. I use it solely for monies I earn to be deposited.Then as needed, I want to withdraw via a check. No where does it tell you on their site, just how much crap it takes to get your money. They had me fax a copy of my untility bill and driver license. Then a week later they tell me I can get a check. They don't let me fill out the amount in the withdrawal form, they just sent me whatever was in my account no matter if that's how much I wanted or not. I did get the check a week after all this mess. I just tried to withdraw another check and was not permitted to do so. I called customer support LOL. They're so cheap they don't even have an 800 #.Support tells me I have to fax them the same info every time I want a check. How stupid is that? They have my info and it hasn't changed in 18 years, much less the last 2 weeks since I faxed it the first time. Not to mention the cost of faxing is $5 each time .It's my money that I earned and I can't get it without jumping through hoops and spending more of my money unless I attach my bank account, which is none of their business. They are not a bank and are not covered by FDIC so I'm not trusting them with my personal info. I can't believe how much trouble this is. I read everything on their site about accoutns and getting money before I opened my account. Nowhere does it say any of this until you try to get your money. Even then I had to learn some stuff from support and even still, they did not tell me about the faxing everytime or I would've waited and requested a larger check the last time. This is totally outrageous and unfair. I need someone to get back to about this issue. I can't afford to send faxes every week when I need MY MONEY!!!!

Login to Me Too

Kramer2
Contributor
Contributor
I'm also at 10000 limit. I get 2% back on my credit card. On$ 10,000 that's $200. Now pay pal wants to prevent me from getting that money back instead they get to **bleep** $ from my bank account or in effect get the $200 themselves. I won't be using them anymore. Too bad. I like the convenience but won't stand for a tariff levied by pay pal bye bye pay pal. Let's organize a pay pal strike.
Login to Me Too

zoegirl
Contributor
Contributor

STRIKE!   STRIKE!     STRIKE!  STRIKE!  STRIKE!   STRIKE!   STRIKE!

Login to Me Too

blondee1125
Contributor
Contributor

yea. Im done with them. they tried that   get reverified bull**bleep** and wouldn't let me pay for an item.  They finally gave up and paid it ( released the pinch hold on my  card) They really **bleep**. Don't know how they get away with it,  or why ebay wants be associated with them..................Good luck

Login to Me Too

Interloper
Contributor
Contributor

Ummm, eBay wants to be associated with them so badly that they bought PayPal. Check their copyright pages here and there it says "PayPal an eBay Company". They ARE eBay.

Login to Me Too

kczj

ebay OWNS paypal. THAT'S why they're associated....

Login to Me Too

hubie54

I have a queston?    Now did E-bay buy pay-pal, or did pay-pal buy e-bay and thats why all the BS!!!  I thought one owns the other and that is why you are just supposed to use pay-pal on e-bay????

Login to Me Too

zoegirl
Contributor
Contributor

You must be correct -  but it just never occurred to me that a company would limit the amount of business it would do with you -  in most cases $10,000.  I can use Paypal to pay for $10,000 worth of goods on eBay and then I must take several major steps in order to continue to do business with them:  i.e.....  let them into my bank account or buy a credit card from them.  I did not see that in the Terms and Conditions -  my error!  It is just so contrary to normal business practices where good, steady, long-term customers are REWARDED -  or at the very least, left alone to get on with it.

I  cannot speak to the several uses of Paypal -- I only use it for eBay  ---  and in many cases there are NOT other means of electronic payment available to an eBay  purchaser.  The last buyer I contacted stated she would accept other forms of payment but was NOT ALLOWED to mention it in her listing!  So Paypal is, in a very real sense,  hindering her ability to do business and meet her customers' needs,   which, in this case, the ability to provide alternate methods of payment. 

Not sure what other uses Paypal has -  I have never looked into it and don't have any need to do so.  I just resent being cut off at an arbitrary limit -  which is what will happen.  And then I shall have to look for alternate means of payment since I have no intention of "getting verified". 

As for complaining -  sometimes it does a world of good -  maybe not with Paypal but certainly with normal companies responsive to customers' needs ---  and certainly it is the right of ANY customer to complain.  If the cut-off limit of $10,000 is indeed in Paypal's Terms and Conditions then I think it should be highlighted-- not buried in the fine print -- so that people don't feel they have been blindsided.  Who on EARTH would be looking for a clause that says "you can only do a certain about of business with us under these conditions?!!?"  Who on EARTH would expect to find THAT?

Even if Paypal is within its rights, it has certainly **bleep**ed up its Customer Relations situation!  And I am complaining about it!

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Regards PayPal's limits?I would like to refer to the European Laws and the EU.PSD(payment service directive)which States in Article 42. Information and conditions.

Member States shall ensure that the following information and conditions are PROVIDED to the payment service user:

(a) the name of the payment service provider,the geographical address of its head office and,where applicable, the geographical address of its agent or branch established in the Member State where the payment service is offered and any other address,INCLUDING electronic mail address,relevant for communication with  the payment service provider:I would ask,What is PayPal's e-mail address? I would like to go onto the EU.PSD. Aricle 69. Payment transactions to a payment account. 1.Member States shall require the payer's payment service provider to ENSURE that,after the point in time of receipt in accordance with Article 64,the amount of the payment transaction is CREDITED to the payee's payment service providers account at the LATEST by the end of the next business day.Until 1 january 2012,a payer and his payment service provider may agree on a period NO longer than three business daqys. I am having problems with PayPal with holding a buyers payment  until I verify my Bank account? PayPal will verify my bank account when it places 2 small amounts in my Bank? I will say,PayPal has deposited several payments into my Bank already,I would State I had to take County Court action in 2007 over the same problem,PayPal tried to deposit that buyers payment into my Bank account when Court action had started,I rejected that payment and Stated should PayPal deposit Any money into my Bank account without my agreement,that payment would be treated as a Donation to the Charity,Help the aged, PayPal then settled out of court,I would like to refer to eBay.co.uk, again I had to take County Court action against eBay for Negligence,after they published False and Misleading information about a seller,I was awarded my claim in the County Court,then eBasy tried to place a Gagging order on myself which I rejected,Why do the users on eBay/PayPal suffer all that abuse?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.