Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

fedupwcorps
Contributor
Contributor

I've never had trouble with Paypal in 6 years of transactions, but Paypal's sudden demand for yet more of my private information without any good reason is the last straw.  I am closing my Paypal account and will not patronize Ebay sellers who only accept Paypal.  They both have lost my business and it's their own fault.

I hope Ebay/Paypal get swamped with complaints besides my own.

Login to Me Too

BBBarbie
New Community Member

I just got my message yesterday. I started to do it, and then stopped. Way too much information to give out. After 6 years of buying on Ebay, I guess I am done. Too bad for a lot of small business people that only take paypal.

Login to Me Too

triathlyn
Contributor
Contributor

me too!

Login to Me Too

tulip
Contributor
Contributor

Under no circumstances. I started the process, am not going to finish it. Will probably

close account.

They take from your bank account!

Login to Me Too

greasemonkey
Contributor
Contributor

I too got the 10000 limit on My account. First off I doubt if I spent 10000 in My entire 10 year history. Paypal is not trying to kick You out over a limit. They are wanting bank act info. By using Your bank act if You get ripped off as I did You have no resource to get Your money back. Dont ask paypal ask Your bank. So I too decided good bye paypal and found it is not as easy as I thought. They give all sort of reasons and in the end they tell You that it can take up to 72 hours to close. I had closed My acconut once before after losing 300+ this way. I like a dummy tried Them again and that was a mistake. Check Them out and watch Your bank account closely while it is being closed.Man Sad

Login to Me Too

rccsurvivor
New Community Member

Up until about a year ago I had excellent credit and I had had a bank account for over 20 years.  The economey took a big dump and so did my credit.  I was ALWAYS overdrawn so I closed my bank account and went to using only a prepaid debt card. It works for me.  I have been with Pay Pal for at least 1 years as a buyer and seller.  It annoys me that they will not resend me their "Pay Pal Debit Mastercard" because I don't have a bank account to verify it with.  If they require verification for all transactions I will have quit using them as well.  I think they need to reconsider the verification process. It does not appear to be something that needs to be required since all of us have been with Pay Pal for years.  I feel that should be verification enough.  I hope Pay Pal reconsiders this process.

Login to Me Too

Robin01
Contributor
Contributor

i just transferd 12.00 from my pay pal to my bank - now lets see if i get my 12.00...i have thought bout closing my account but after i read this recent posting bout (to watch them closly and watch my bank account closely when  i close my account) - well i thought what ever money i have in my bank account ill go and head and use most of it (but leave like under 1.00) then try closing my account - what could pay pal do then - they would have any money to take or would they take money then i would be in the negatives in my bank account? or after my money i have in my bank account goes under 1.00 then dont close my account just delete my bank information?

Login to Me Too

PepperHamilton
Contributor
Contributor

They are so stupid. I'm sorry they are upsetting you too. Morons.

Login to Me Too

eselde
New Community Member

This doesn't make sense to me.  Why after several years of successful selling and buying without any problems do I need to become verified?  I only do small stuff on eBay  but I guess I finally hit my limit.  This is strong armed behavior.  I don't want my bank account linked.  It's none of their business.  Since I didn't know what else to do, like I said, I'm small time, I got the credit card.  This seemed like the easiest way to get back to buying and selling.  I would like to know some other way to do business.  As for buying, I'll look for sellers offering other methods of payment and I'll do the same.

Login to Me Too

lmrequine

I to have received that verify e-mail. NEVER NEVER NEVER. I signed up with paypal several years ago and used it until

I had to link to my checking acct. Within 3 days my acct. was drained ($50K +). It took months to get the money back and the investigation showed it was directly linked to paypal. No true security. And since ebay owns it now it is no better. If they really wanted you to use it, your credit card link would be sufficient. I contact sellers and ask for other forms of payment and most of the time they will let me send it. After all they want to sell their product. PayPal is a dangerous joke. Strangely, many of the sellers I contact hate it to but are forced by ebay to have it. Those who won't

accept payment from me LOOSE. In the last 2 months, about $2k in sales. Stick to your guns and do not give them your

banking information, its not worth the risk.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.