Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

jwoo7574

This is definitely a violation of the anti-trust laws.  Don't complain to paypal, complain to your state's attorney general AND to Ebay.  Paypal is in Iowa, so complain to their attorney general's office in addition.  I'll be **bleep**ed if I am going to put up with this ca-ca.

This is needless harrassment to get people to use THEIR credit card.  It only takes minutes to file an online complaint with your attorney general's office.  Complaining on here or to paypal?  You might as well just stand there and **bleep** on your shoe.

Login to Me Too

zoegirl
Contributor
Contributor

I'm the lady who suggests you use the  "Contact Seller"  or  "Ask a Question" feature on item listings to inform sellers that you wish to bid but can no longer pay thru Paypal because you refuse to be "verified"  (i.e.  give them your bank info or buy one of their credit cards).

I received a reply from the seller who tells me she is happy to accept a  money order but isn't allowed to say so on her listing!

Obtaining a money order is a drag-  completely pre-historic---!  It will certainly mean I won't be buying as much from ebay as I did before, but if there is something I really, really want, I will do it! 

EVERYONE!  Contact the seller of the item you want and offer them another form of payment!!!  Just side-step Paypal altogether!

Login to Me Too

Rheinhard
Contributor
Contributor

For those of you who prefer to use money orders with vendors that accept them: sign up for USPS on line and you can send money from your computer.  You do not have to drive or trek down to the post office in person.  There are no fees to become a member of USPS.

Login to Me Too

embreesmith
Contributor
Contributor

thank You, Rienhart..

I did not know of that

Login to Me Too

zoegirl
Contributor
Contributor

Wow!  I buy postage on line but I never realized I could get money orders too!  My problem is solved!  I'll bet most vendors would be happy to accept a postal money order but, as I am told, they are not allowed to say so on their ebay listing!   We just all have to find a way to carry on with our ebay activities and bypass Paypal -  since Paypal no longer wants us as customers anyway!

Login to Me Too

diamondlight
New Community Member

hey, folks!

after jumping through hoops for months; they also wanted my photo id...as in drivers license or passport. well, no! found a phone number; talked to "John". He used my drivers license # instead. now i can send payments with a credit card. works for me. PHONE # ***-***-**** 

Login to Me Too

KDMCAD
Contributor
Contributor

paypal is just **bleep**ing up the whole idea of a easy, pleasent,transaction with ebay and other people a buss. that offer paypal as a payment option.  They better get off  there collective money grubbing **bleep** and get a clue that there are many other online auction sites that don't want ur first born just to make  online transaction. I have about 4 items that need to be payed for with the money on a western union pay as u go type card because I have already been hit with identity theift due to a web site called ''Tagged''' !   Won't give out any bank info to anyone when I  win something, get total and drive 2 blocks and put just enough funds to cover what I have bought....nobody  stealing anything cause there is nothing extra to be stole...what the **bleep** is so hard to understand about this paypal ?

Login to Me Too

MaxieandMinnie
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay and PalPal are the same company.

Login to Me Too

JIMMYDO
Contributor
Contributor
Good idea. Contact FTC with complaint
Login to Me Too

yamaride

I agree.  Paypal now wants my bank account info or I must open a paypal credit card.  I refuse to get Verified if these are the only options.  They even use sleazy verbiage to convince users that it's safe to give your bank account info.  "Like a good friend - paypal can keep a secret".  Don't buy into this.  I had my paypal account hacked a few years back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.