Dont want to get verified

tj_thompson79
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to get verified but it wont let me pay for my items from eBay.  I haven't reached my limit yet what's going on.....

Login to Me Too
264 REPLIES 264

cathyvice
New Community Member

I am SO glad that I am not gullible, or I would have assumed this might be OK to d without checking it out.

I have been trying to speak to a supervisor at PayPal about this for months, after long wait times, being cut off over and over,  they keep saying that a supervisor will call back, but they never do.

I wonder why reputable companies like EBay are still doing business with these charlitans?

Login to Me Too

zoegirl
Contributor
Contributor

I think the solution insofar as ebay is concerned is to "contact the seller" on an item you with to bid on and tell him that you CANNOT pay with paypal since you are not "verified", but that you CAN pay with a credit card, check, money order or whatever else you might have.  If the sellers get enough of these comments they may open other avenues of payment to those of us who are FED UP with paypal!

Login to Me Too

roxyanawolf
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I have supposedly reached my spending limit. I could easily add my bank acocunt to this account or get their credit card to kill the limit entirely, but... I'm not a neaderthal~

I have had paypal steal from my account before. It's not happening again. Furthermore, it is not paypal's business to know the personal information of a minor... or a fully-grown adult, for that matter. Paypal's actions effectively limit their business, as putting a limit on one's online spending is a pointless attempt to impose unwanted "Services" on a helpless user.

I have to go and explain to a seller that I'll have to pay for my axolotl via check. That's completely ridiculous, you know. But most of you know this, seeing as Paypal has turn their userbase into a horde of angry yellowjackets desperately thronging to get at the person who designed their counter-intutive website's throat. I've had to ask web-owner acquaintances of mine to allow for other means of donation and payment due to paypal's limiting my account. It's rather embarrassing, to be blunt, and I don't feel proud to have to squirm through the fishing (or even better, phishing) net paypal has caught me in, desperately searching for a way to obtain goods I cannot otherwise obtain.

I have to import a lot of stuff because, as I live in a rural unincorporated township of ~100 people, I don't have many buying options avainable to me offline. But now that nice convenience has come to a screeching halt thanks to paypal's pointless restrictions.

But, enough ranting on my part. I must ask, has anyone successfully closed their account and opened a new one with the same card to circumvent their agonizing spending limits? It didn't work when I tried, so I'm looking for other options/opinions/horror stories/guides on the matter.

Because they're not getting my account info. I have a whole life ahead of me, thank you; I'd rather not start it with a drained bank account and credit in the negatives.

Good day to you all, and may you all find ways to circumvent paypal's bull**bleep**~

Login to Me Too

videomike
New Community Member

I have taken members advice on this forum and opened a GOOGLECHECKOUT account.  Suprisingly I have found all of the merchandise I usually buy on EBAY on this site.  I never sell on EBAY, I only buy.  Now all of a sudden I am near my $10,000.00 send limit and I am treated like dirt.  I will spend my money where I am treated fairly and with respect.  I refuse to give my banking information to PAYPAL and I don't want their credit card.  Good bye EBAY!!

Login to Me Too

zoegirl
Contributor
Contributor

It is quite obvious that Paypal is not concerned about losing those of us as customers who refuse to "get verified" --  I'm sure they ran the numbers and have discovered that they will make the same or more money thru the credit cards they are selling.

Or-  from what I hear -  they can "accidently" clear out a few bank accounts and then take up to 18 months to "solve the problem".  Not me!  I don't want anyone in my bank account, let alone this gang!

Imagine a company that actually LIMITS the amount of money you can spend with it!!!!  Does that even make sense?

I have taken to adding a comment in the "ask seller a question" box on every ebay item I bid on -  I say that I am near my spending limit and will they accept any other form of payment.  In all cases the seller offers an alternative but tells me he is not allowed to advertise the fact!  They can ONLY list Paypal as a method of payment!  Ask the  vendors -  it may be a hassle to pay with a money order, etc, but if it is an item  you REALLY want you can get around Paypal.

Login to Me Too

pugsy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Yes I closed my PayPal account under the PayPal user agreement And under the EU.PSD.Article Termination,I was then told by eBay.co.uk that I could not sell on eBay unless I offered PayPal as a payment option,so I re-opened my PayPal account,no problem,they(PayPal) gave me a Limit of £500 per month? no problem,I was then told by PayPal I had exceeded my Limit and Must get verified? Why do I need to be verified?PayPal had All my details from my previous account, PayPal Stated I must have a Direct debit account with them,No Way will I sign up to a Direct Debit account with PayPal, PayPal have refused to release a buyers payment into my Bank account,they did the same thing in 2007,I took them to Court,PayPal settles out of Court,I am once again taking County Court action against PayPal for exactly the same problem,will keep you up to date when I hear from the Court. if you look at the PayPal Privacy Policy under 6.it States:If you close your PayPal account,we will mark your account in our database as "Closed" but will keep your account information in our database.

Login to Me Too

Pamela81
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe they continue to keep your information - that is DEFINATELY not right! I don't blame you one bit for being angry..Keep me posted..

Login to Me Too

zoegirl
Contributor
Contributor

Here is what I am doing with every bid -  I am using the  "ask seller a question" feature and here is what I am saying:

"I am bidding on this item but I wish to inform you that I will hit my "spending limit" this year and since I refuse

to give Paypal my banking information to "get verified" will no longer be able to do business with sellers who

only offer Paypal as their method of payment."

I think if everyone starts doing this the sellers will offer other payment methods and perhaps start complaining to Paypal about losing customers.

This "verification" nonsense is ridiculous and unsupportable!

Login to Me Too

vladmarg
Contributor
Contributor

Unimaginable Ugliness Palpay. I Buy Something I know I have a bank account is all right. I want to pay for your purchase. But Suddenly Palpay tells me that I will not do. And This Happens A second time. Maybe Someone knows how borotsyas such ugliness. We're not In Russia and in the Amazon jungle

Login to Me Too

sailfar
Contributor
Contributor

If you really think your bank account and routing number are safe with Paypal, just go to the phishing and scams section of this forum and read! 

My bank uses multiple levels of password access and they have FDIC protection.    Paypal has neither. 

I just received a fraudulent phishing email tonight that is very official-looking, with all of the Paypal logos.  Fraud is real.

Never using Paypal again really only hurts me with private sellers and international purchases (I buy hobby things online, like R/C airplanes and audio gear) but I'll just need to live with this. 

I'm at the $10K limit according to Paypal.  Their download history feature has never worked for me; it times out.  So I am skeptical that I'm anywhere near the limit and have no way to verify it unless they can fix their web site.

Paypal is not a professional organization based on their behavior, and I am convinced that they are in violation of antitrust laws with this latest attempt to force consumers and businesses to sign up to their Mastercard.

Time will tell, and I hope the FTC will be investigating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.