Problems with a refund

ricvantri
Contributor
Contributor

Some days ago I received a refund request from one client, unfortunately I made a mistake with the smartphone’s touch screen and by an accident I approved it. The point is that the client is cheating me because he is saying now that the item I sold to him it doesn`t work and I said clearly that it didn’t have this feature and it is on its listing, too. I think he bought it by a mistake and then he wants to endorse it to me. I tried to convince him but he didn’t respond my e-mails. So I don't have to do any refund. It was completely his fault. What can I do?, Paypal only offers support to buyers and it is an unfair case against a seller.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You keep talking about opening a dispute?

The buyer asked to return for refund and you agree.

then you wait for the return to arrive and issue a refund.

Seller cannot open a dispute,only buyer can.

Reporting a buyer before seeing the item is not nice.

You should quit being a seller,not everyone is cut out to be a retailer.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@ricvantri

Buyer did nothing wrong.  Buyer requested return and you provided it voluntarily.  Why would you report a buyer who did nothign wrong?

Maybe there were issues with the buyer but they are irrelevant as you closed the transaction by refunding.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I'd never try to handle my business with a smartphone.  Things like tapping the wrong button or you can't fully see the info you need to see because of screen size is a concern.  iPad/iPad Pro via browser, maybe ok, but not smartphone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.