Notifications and payment email, can they be different?

edco100
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am currently using one email address for receiving payments and I want to receive the payment notifications to a different one.

The support initially told me that all I have to do is set the notification email address as primary. But it doesn't work, I'm still receiving the notifications to the payment email address.

Now the support tells me that payment notifications are always sent to the email address the payment was sent to.

Is this correct?

Is it not possible to have payments sent to one email address and receive the notifications on another?

Thanks,

Eddie

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes it is true, if you use multiple email addresses on one account and you receive payments with one address (that is not primary) both primary and payments email addresses will get notification.  Just ignore the ones that come into the primary one or set up a filter in your primary email account to put those notifications in one folder away from you main inbox.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

edco100
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

But I'm not receiving double notifications, not receiving anything to my primary email address, only to the payments email address.

What can I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.