Problems with a refund

ricvantri
Contributor
Contributor

Some days ago I received a refund request from one client, unfortunately I made a mistake with the smartphone’s touch screen and by an accident I approved it. The point is that the client is cheating me because he is saying now that the item I sold to him it doesn`t work and I said clearly that it didn’t have this feature and it is on its listing, too. I think he bought it by a mistake and then he wants to endorse it to me. I tried to convince him but he didn’t respond my e-mails. So I don't have to do any refund. It was completely his fault. What can I do?, Paypal only offers support to buyers and it is an unfair case against a seller.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ricvantri

If you mean as part of the dispute you have agreed to refund on return of the item then wait until the buyer has returned the item before you refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ricvantri
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry Kernowlass, but the problem is that as the seller I cannot open a dispute, at least and don't see how. Thanks !!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ricvantri

Sorry open a dispute for what??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Summary:

You sold an item.

The buyer requested a refund.  You processed the refund through PayPal as part of the original transaction.

Case is closed.

There is nothing more you can do.  You refunded before receiving the item back.  You can't recall a refund given.

Login to Me Too

ricvantri
Contributor
Contributor

I suppose so DPCreations , there was a big mistake I did. The truth is that I was rigth and my smarthphone gave to me a bad deal.. Thanks !!

Login to Me Too

ricvantri
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I explained it before. I am a seller and by an accident I accepted make a refund but the client clearly is cheating me. I want to open a disopute because I haven't to give back anything.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You made a refund to a seller.

That's the end of the issue with PayPal.

You can't reverse or dispute a refund which you willingly gave, even if it was premature to give it.

Login to Me Too

ricvantri
Contributor
Contributor

Ok DPCreations I got it. But I think that I have a month after the purchase and it means until October 20, if the things are so, I think I have no chance to open any dispute because the client will have some days to send the item and today we have 17. Anyway I will proceed to continue with that refund then with only 2 days more I will see If I will have some chance yet. Thanks !!

Login to Me Too

ricvantri
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I had to add that maybe there is something to do yet, among others he offended me:

Report a buyer

Thanks for letting us know

You’ve successfully submitted a report about xxxxxxx. Although we know you've submitted this report, it is anonymous to your buyer. Sellers like you help keep the eBay marketplace a safe place to buy and sell.

We take these confidential reports and review them with other internal information (including reports from other sellers) as part of a monitoring system to determine whether buyers are following eBay policies. Depending on the circumstances, we may educate, restrict, or suspend the buyer.You can always visit your seller DashBoard to see updates to your selling status.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.