Close account

Tier1
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting this when i try to close my account:

This account cannot be closed at this time because there are outstanding payment authorizations.  Please try again after the authorizations have been settled or voided

I have no outstanding payment authorizations. How can this be fixed so i can close my account. I even contacted PayPal and BillMeLater and they said there is no outstanding payment authorizations and also BillMeLater confirmed that and i have the emails. Allso i can not use my billmelater with paypal. yes its linked!

Allso there is a address in my setting that is not mine that i can not delet or edit in anyway.

Any Help Please!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Tier1
Contributor
Contributor

Fixed 🙂

Thank you Very Much!!! To the one that helped me on the phoneSmiley Wink

Customer Service

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

SkyForce6
Contributor
Contributor

Check this first:

• Click Profile near the top of the page.
  • Click My money.
  • Click Update in the My preapproved payments section. 

Check there if you have any ongoing subscribtions/ Reccuring Payment agreement still active. If you do then just cancel it.

Then try to close the account again.

Another possibility is that you have used your account to sell something and the buyer still have time to open a dispute for the transaction. If that is the case then you have to wait untill the dispute time is passed (45 days after payment).

If you recently had a PayPal Claim with a buyer and the Claim was closed in your favour. Then the buyer still have the last resort of making a Chargeback/Payment reversal if he/she used a credit/debit card to fund the purchase. Typically such Payment reversals can be done up to 6 months after the payment was made. So it can then take up to 6 months before you are allowed close your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Tier1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for the info, I tryed that but nothing shows up.  No i do not sell anything i was going to start selling on ebay but after reading so many bad things on here i just am not going to do it.

Thank you again!

Login to Me Too

pjgeorgejr
Contributor
Contributor

I have been waiting a week for an answer to the same question.  Crickets so far....

Login to Me Too

Tier1
Contributor
Contributor

Ther must be a big bug in the system becouse ther is alot of accounts with the same problem, now my billmelater does not work anymoor, i got this from web bank today. well 2 realy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: WebBank C/O Bill Me Later PO Box 5018 Timonium, MD 21094
Dear ------- -------,
We're sorry. We were unable to authorize your recent attempt(s) to use Bill Me Later® because there was a problem with the information that was submitted to us.
There are a number of reasons this may have occurred. Your information  could have been incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you.
If you feel this is in error, please send us a secure email and we will be happy to investigate your situation.
We do appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Bill Me Later.
Sincerely,
WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mybe they will fix our accounts.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Thank you, SkyForce6, for the great answers!

When an account can't be closed due to a pending payment authorization, it usually indicates that an order was made somewhat recently, and the authorization has not yet expired. If there have been no recent orders, it is possible that there is a very old order with a stuck status. It's rare, but it can happen. A Customer Service representative can locate the order and get that straightened out for you quickly.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Tier1
Contributor
Contributor

Stuck, That may well be what the problem is, i do have something that is still pending that was canceled well over a month ago at homedepot. It was a in store pickup and homedepot canceled/void the transaction.  And i think that is why ther address is in My Personal Info that i can not remove.

I realy do not want to close my account becouse of this but i do want this fixed. But should this efect my billmelater?

Thank for the reply!

Login to Me Too
Solved

Tier1
Contributor
Contributor

Fixed 🙂

Thank you Very Much!!! To the one that helped me on the phoneSmiley Wink

Customer Service

Login to Me Too

Tier1
Contributor
Contributor

Even after talking to support on the phone last month. Its not Solved yet. I still cannot close my paypal account and it says (cannot close account there is outstanding payment authorizations).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Tier1,

Please give Customer Service a call again. A significant amount of time that has passed since your last post. If there have not been any new authorizations since then and there are no other issues, the representative you speak with will likely be able to resolve everything over the phone and even assist with account closure if that's what you want to do.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.