My personal address is showing on buyers receipts

SamGurl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm selling a non-tangible product and I request payments be made via PayPal. However I see that if someone makes a payment to me, the email receipt they receive has my personal home address on it. (I have a basic business account with PP) I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the settings so that when they send me a payment they don't see my personal address. Obviously I have no problem with them seeing my business name, email address etc. But there is no need for them to have any sort of shipping address for me. Please help! How can I make it so this personal information isn't shown?? 

Thank you!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi SamGurl,

The receipt should not default to show that information. There are a couple of circumstances where this information could be selected to show, however. Please check the following:

• Are you sending an invoice? In the invoice creation flow, it is possible to select to show an address. You can also set it not to show this information.
  • Do you have the settling turned on in your profile to display a return shipping label feature? That feature is in your profile under My selling tools > Shipping Preferences.

Please come back and let us know what you find! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.