Promotional Purchases - refund strategy and exploting the customer

northcoast
New Community Member

I have a promotional amount that is coming to it's 6 month.  I received a credit for it a month after the initial charge due to returing the item.

I noticed the discrepancy and called customre support who told me the credit went to another itme on the account and that an adjustment could not be made as it was past time to be able to do this.

I am in effect going to be charged interest for an item that I returned and was credied on my paypal account, just not credited back to the exact item that I purchased, and will have to pay interest on a charge that has been refunded to paypal.

This is outrageous policy.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did they direct you to the PayPal Credit dept or did you just speak to a regular PayPal rep?

I say contact them again.  Sometime it is just that agent you spoke to that is the problem.

https://www.billmelater.com/contact/index.xhtml

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

northcoast
New Community Member

Thanks.

THat 'may' have helped.  The number you provided was not the number that I called initally.  The CS rep at the credit number was suprised at the responses I received but stated that while he was submitting the payment to be reallocated properly that it very well may be reected (for reallocation) and that I needed to check back into my account in a couple days and see if it was credited correctly.

I'll wait a few days and call back to the credit number you provided.

Thanks for the assistance.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Excellent, a little light at the end of the tunnel! Smiley Happy

Hope you get it sorted.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.