Card linked but not bank account

Jacynda_
New Community Member
Yesterday I linked my debit card to my account, but I cannot link the Bank until tomorrow morning when I'm.able to call them. If I were to go to the gas station and swipe my debit card, is the money from PayPal going to be on my debit card? Even tho the bank is Not linked yet
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No.  When you swipe your bank account's debit/check card at merchant, the money will be debited from your bank account as usual. Nothing to do with your PayPal account unless you are swiping a PayPal Debit MasterCard which takes funds from your PayPal Balance and back up funding source you specifically set if your PP Balance doesn't cover entire purchase.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Adding a card and/or bank account to PayPal account does not automatically give you access to PayPal balance funds.  It doesn't work that way.  You have to transfer any PayPal funds to your bank account first to use it either via your bank debit card or go to your bank and withdraw as cash.  

PayPal is a payment processor that provides a virtual account for online purchases or you select PayPal in-store if the merchant give you that option at checkout on their card reader machine and you log on to mobile app to retrieve a 4-digit code to enter into merchant card reader at checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.