Why Pay Pal?

Dougross
Contributor
Contributor
So many places only accept Pay Pal! I se no advantage at all. I sold a few items and had to wait till customer satisfaction was confirmed before I could get access to my money. But, when I get scammed, I have to fill out a Dispute and allow 10 days for them to resolve, then another 10 days to "Dispute"! After that they agree that I should be reimbursed but still, NO FUNDS ARE REPLACED! When a Dispute is filed with PP my bank will not also file a claim and loose my ability to get any assistance there. So, why use Pay Pal? They are expensive and useless as far as I can see.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

To build up good seller records,does not take 6 months?

if you are scammed on Ebay,file on Ebay first,it is quicker and if item not as described,seller pays return shipping while Paypal makes you pay return shipping.

after item is returned with tracking showing it has been delivered,ebay will allow seller 3 days to refund,else Ebay will do it for  him.

return shipping label is generated on Ebay and you can print it and use it.

Once you ship,the postage is charge tothe seller ebay selling account.  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dougross

New seller hold does not last that long, you get your money instantly once you have a reasonable selling history.

As for a dispute a lot of banks won't help you if you paid via instant bank transfer or debit card.

You do have protection with a credit card.

BUT a lot of sellers on ebay are not registered businesses and can't take direct card payments but they can take paypal. So if it was not offered they would lose a lot of customers..

As for a dispute then you can file a dispute and then escalate it at once (as long as its a week after the sale) > then paypal gives the seller 10 days to provide evidence OR a tracking number and if not you are refunded.

Personally as a buyer it gives me buyer protection and as a seller it means I can receive card funded payments from buyers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dougross
Contributor
Contributor
Until we achieve "Reasonable Selling History" yes, it does take 6 - 8 weeks to get access to our money. I was scammed, no argument there. I filed a Dispute an have to allow a minimum of 20 days, (one month). Only for PP to agree With me that I have been scammed and should get my money back. If they do pay, I will have to allow another 30 days for my money. That's 3 months PP will hold my money, if I get paid at all, most people don't, looking at comments posted by the others that have also been scammed and ripped off through PP
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dougross

NEVER heard of ANYONE waiting that long for money from a dispute.

I have filed disputes before and NEVER waited more than 10 days once escalated to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dougross
Contributor
Contributor
Tell me your secret. Please, I hate that I have to wait so long. The only information I have is the procedures and policies in the agreement.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It depends on how you paid.  If you used a card, it will go directly back on the card, including PayPal cards which PayPal says it may take up to 30 days.  Back in the day people get their statement once a month and still do so by law 30 days is the standard but it don't necessarily mean 30 days, it means up to.  You can check back on your account online or wait for your monthly statement in the email/mail.  Is the dispute case closed in your favor yet?  PayPal has other dispute cases to deal with, not just yours.  Sometimes the bots are working the cases overtime and sometimes humans are so the speed may vary so take an aspirin and relax.  The stress out don't make things go any faster.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dougross
Contributor
Contributor
Thanx, I still have the 20 day minimum (one month) before the 30days even starts. If they pay up, doesn't look like they are going to pay, looking at the comments posted by others that have also been scammed by them through PP.
Login to Me Too
Solved

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

To build up good seller records,does not take 6 months?

if you are scammed on Ebay,file on Ebay first,it is quicker and if item not as described,seller pays return shipping while Paypal makes you pay return shipping.

after item is returned with tracking showing it has been delivered,ebay will allow seller 3 days to refund,else Ebay will do it for  him.

return shipping label is generated on Ebay and you can print it and use it.

Once you ship,the postage is charge tothe seller ebay selling account.  

Login to Me Too

Dougross
Contributor
Contributor
The purchase was made through an advertisement on Face Book. I didn't know who the seller was till after the transaction was made. I never reviewed the item. After multiple attempts, no contact was ever made. After looking at their website I realize that they are a total scamm, there are hundreds of people in my same problem.
Login to Me Too

JG1519
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone know what bank pay pal checks are drafted off of if you request a check from them by mail? Thx
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.