Why Pay Pal?

Dougross
Contributor
Contributor
So many places only accept Pay Pal! I se no advantage at all. I sold a few items and had to wait till customer satisfaction was confirmed before I could get access to my money. But, when I get scammed, I have to fill out a Dispute and allow 10 days for them to resolve, then another 10 days to "Dispute"! After that they agree that I should be reimbursed but still, NO FUNDS ARE REPLACED! When a Dispute is filed with PP my bank will not also file a claim and loose my ability to get any assistance there. So, why use Pay Pal? They are expensive and useless as far as I can see.
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

JG1519
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone know what bank pay pal uses when they mail you a check ? Thx
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The first line of defense is the seller.  This means you need to practice safe seller so you don't get drawn into a scam.  PayPal can't protect the seller against bad seller judgement.  This includes selling low risk items.  It menas the seller needs to understand how seller protection works and then follow those policies.

If you quickly establish good PayPal business policies you will more quickely develop a low risk strategy and get your funds released sooner.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I hate to say this because I am a seller,but if you file chargeback with your cc issuer instead of going thru Paypal or Ebay,your cc issuer could issue you a temporary credit until the case is resolved,which should relieve your burden of paying and waiting for the refund and the seller would have to pay a chargeback fee of $20.if he loses

BUt then IF You are asked to return the item,you pay shipping.

Some cc issuer does not require you to return the item, 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you should also accept responsibilty for this snafu,your judgment is being questioned here,why do you buy from rotten sellers?

now if you only buy from BestBuy,Macy,Nordstrom,etc ,you may not have a problem. 

Login to Me Too

Dougross
Contributor
Contributor
Your right, should have checked them out. I thought I had some "Buyer Protection" from PayPal to protect me. I know better now,
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.