If a buyer wants to return, what happens if they don't ship within the 10 days?

siennalut
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

A buyer has decided to return an item that they bought and haven't heard from them for a while. I got an email about 8 days ago saying that the buyer will send shipping details once she has sent it, however there hasn't been any sign of action on her side. What happens if she isn't succesful returning the item within 10 days? Will the buyer have to keep it?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi siennalut!

You are correct. If the buyer does not ship the item back to you with valid tracking within the timeline provided, the claim would close in your favor and the money returned to your balance. Also if you are in communication with the buyer and they are willing to cancel the claim, then the money would also be returned. We do our best to make sure that a claim does not result in one person with both the item and the money. If you have any other questions please let us know, and thank you for joining the Community! 

Thank you, 

Michelle

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If this was because of a not as described dispute then PayPal will issue the refund after tracking shows the item has been returned.  If it isn't returned then PayPal will not issue a refund.

Buyer may decide it's better to file a dispute with credit card so buyer gets a refund without returning item.  That will be costly for seller.

Login to Me Too

siennalut
Contributor
Contributor

When you say 'will not issue a refund' will the money go back to my account as they have kept it? Or will it go to PayPal?

@DPCreations wrote:

If this was because of a not as described dispute then PayPal will issue the refund after tracking shows the item has been returned.  If it isn't returned then PayPal will not issue a refund.

Buyer may decide it's better to file a dispute with credit card so buyer gets a refund without returning item.  That will be costly for seller.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did the buyer open a case ?

if so,then Paypal has withheld the payment from your account,lookee look,it is in your account but it is being withheld.did one of you ask Paypal to evaluate the case?

if not,then it will close after x days,sometimes a buyer either changes her mind or too lazy to go to post office.

Login to Me Too

siennalut
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah we both wanted to evaluate the case, if the buyer changes their mind do I get my money back?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi siennalut!

You are correct. If the buyer does not ship the item back to you with valid tracking within the timeline provided, the claim would close in your favor and the money returned to your balance. Also if you are in communication with the buyer and they are willing to cancel the claim, then the money would also be returned. We do our best to make sure that a claim does not result in one person with both the item and the money. If you have any other questions please let us know, and thank you for joining the Community! 

Thank you, 

Michelle

Login to Me Too

siennalut
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much for the help! 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.