when a case is opened against a seller

zinda2010
Contributor
Contributor

I have found that the way the dispute counsel is set up is really not able to do anything correctly at all. I say this because most problems that come up involve an idiot who purchased an item and has no idea of what that item is capable of doing. They never read any manuals or research items, they just buy them and when it arrives if it doesn't do what "THEY EXPECT IT TO DO" they then say that it's broken and I misrepresented or did not describe that item properly.

Then they immediately open a case without ever letting me know anything about the problem. The reason they do this is because they don't want to work it out, they are trying to avoid me as much as possible because they know I will show that it's their fault and they are misusing the items. Since all of this takes place before I get my properly working and perfectly described item back I have no idea what the actual problem is. They just say it's broken or it won't play my disc. But when I ask what kind of disc or what's not working I get no reply, So how can I do anything to help?

Then I spend the next few days wasting my time trying to get anything from the buyers that may help me understand what's wrong. My items sell for $20-$30 and have a shipping cost on average of $30 each way. So it's very important that the buyers respond back to me. i've been stuck far too many times paying $70 in shipping only to get the items back and see that the buyer simply did not push the button that turns the speakers on! Failure to read manuals or cannot read maybe? The thing is I have never yet had an item returned to me that actually had the problems that the buyer described in their case!

Some have purposely damaged my items before they returned them, obvious hammer mark right on the side of the front edge and case that destroyed the looks of the item but same shipping box was used to return it and showed no damages at all? Plus the item still worked! Did not exhibit any of the problems the buyer claimed it had even after they smashed it with a hammer. Just lied and misused policies then i got stuck with the defect, seller fees and paying return shipping and my item was smashed and worthless.

Now getting back to what i was saying. the process is useless because until i get my item back I cannot be certain of what the actual reak problem is, so what good is this useless waste of time that have set up for no reason?  I just had a buyer open a case in both ebay and pay pal, this is wrong but you what? Even after i pointed this out to both parties the ebay case was decided in the liars favor, (he was misusing the item and I had proof, I even tried to get him to understand that I never posted anything that claimed the item could be used as he was trying to use it. A DVD player built in 2003 will not be able to play back DVD's that are recorded on Dual Layer Media. Most newer movies (2003 or newer) that are over 60 minutes long, will require 2 discs or be recorded on DVD-RDL Dual Layer discs provide the room for 8.4GB of information. Before they had dual layer discs they used 2 discs, remember those?  The discs are not marked single and dual layers, you can tell just by placing it in you computer and seeing how big the volume is on that disc, anything over 4.7Gb is dual layer disc.

Today's DVD's are almost all Dual layer, so no matter what disc you are playing it will not cue up, in my listing I did not check dual layers as a playable format, the buyers neglect is not my problem, but as you find out now it is your problem! Not only is it my problem here but in ebay also, since the ebay case has closed but this case here is still being reveiwed!?! WHY? Plus nobody will listen to me when I provide proof of the item working properly, I video taped the final test of that item showing time date and serial numbers then ended with time date again. burned a copy to disc which has another time and date stamp it's 2 minutes apart from the time shown on the tape from my local Tv broadcasting service which is not able to be altered. Then I get the player back at my cost and it is working just as I described! Now I try to enter something in the case here to provide more hard eveidence of my description being exacty correct and there's no way I can enter anything. What good is this process if you have no idea what the idiots are doing with my stuff andthen making me pay for they stupidity.

You all can save your smart comments because I have already quit selling on ebay and pay pal can find some other way to collect my negative balance that have rcreated on their own. I believe both ebay and paypal owe me around $1600 yet so it will be a cold day in **bleep** before I do anything other than show up in court with my stacks of printed pages I have been saving on every single returns case that has ever been opened for no reason at all. I'm sure the judge will be sick of seeing these cases day after day showing the same fraudualent activity that ebay has created and helped to become a norm now. Selling on Ebay has become a money loosing situation for all sellers, I do believe they finally found the formula that will bring them down, it's almost as if they want to go under, I doubt it will take much more time before most honest sellers are gone and ebay will become chinese plastic junkyard, nobody will shop their.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I feel for  you,Ebay allows anyone/everyone to sell ,so good and bad sellers are all punished for selling defective,itemnot as described items.

or just they dont read or dont try to communicate with seller.

you are better off selling elsewhere,Ebay buyers are a pain in you know where.

As for negative Paypal balance,Paypal will come after you,ruin your credit and you wil not be able to use PAYPAL anymore in the future.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zinda2010 wrote:

I doubt it will take much more time before most honest sellers are gone and ebay will become chinese plastic junkyard, nobody will shop their.

That is too funny and I'm Chinese.

Smiley Very Happy

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Every one complains about Chinese sellers,but there are plenty of bad apples among US sellers. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.