Confirming my bank is Impossible.

Girlmercury
New Community Member

Everyone, I used to be a seller on eBay when it first started. Alas, those user-friendly days are gone.

I emailed Paypal on their FB page (but due to a large number of messages, blah blah blah, they suggested I ask about this problem  on this  PP Community board)
Can anyone help me? I realize I may never be able to get back to this thread, as PP eBay stopped being user-friendly a LONG, LONG time ago. This is my message to them:

What the bleep???? I guess I won't be selling on eBay again.:- I used to sell a lot on eBay in the early 2000s but you guys have made it impossible for me to join paypal again (I closed out the bank account I originally joined paypal with).  I am girlmercury on eBay and my email is xxxxxxx. . 😞 To begin with, this new bank has TWO very different numbers for my checking and savings accounts (unlike my former Utah bank, which was perfect. Remind me why I moved to California? 😞 .  I am trying to confirm mty with the two small deposits you put in, but now you want all sorts of stuff just to log in. You want a bank number and a password.  WHICH PASSWORD? The bank password or the Paypal password?  (I don't think I have a bank password! Just a pin), I have tried every flipping combination of passwords, pins, my paypal password, and bank account numbers for this bank  but your system hs spitting them all out! What do you want???? II've started selling on Amazon because I don't have to deal with this nightmare. Please tell me which hurdles I have to jump to freakin' confirm my danged bank. 

Thanks, 

Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated

Girlmercury

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Girlmercury
New Community Member

Oops, put this in the wrong place. It belongs in SETTINGS. Sorry. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal would not ask for your bank password.

Are you using your computer or another device?

Did you use your correct bank checking account number?  Did you add the correct routing number when quested?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Girlmercury, Oh, what that is asking is for you to log in using your online banking credentials or log in.  It's kinda like signing up with Facebook or google plus to a site but it's banks instead.  If you do not want to add bank that way, click I use a different bank and put in your routing/checking/savings account info.

C'mon now get with it! Smiley Happy

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

You could always call in to customer service, they have the option to manually add and confirm your bank for you after you answer some security questions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.