This limitation cannot be appealed

RyanCarter
New Community Member

PayPal limited my account permanently after I received a payment of $550 for an item I sold.

I thought that's what PP is all about - sending and receiving payments - but obviously, if you are a new customer and you DARE to receive ONE PAYMENT, your account will get limited.

And then you get a standard explanation like this:

Why is my account access limited?

At PayPal, we have policies regarding abrupt or large shifts in business practices. We need some more information about some of your recent sales.

And this is the best part:

This limitation cannot be appealed.

SO I get 1 payment and PayPal limits my account forever without the possibility to appeal? 

Now PayPal sits on my money for 180 days.

Good job PayPal. And good job in answering my emails by the way. Great support system.

Regards,

Ryan Carter

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Andy

Hi RyanCarter -

I'm sorry to hear that your account was restricted. Typically we don't skip directly to parting ways like this, so is it possible you had accounts in the past that have unresolved issues? This is the most common reason we may get directly to the point of not allowing you further access to our systems. 😞

The best thing I can suggest is that you get in touch with our customer service so they can take a look and see if there is more information they can provide or if there is an option to recover the account. We typically can't address those types of issues via an email response so you may want to either give us a call or reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook.

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Varun24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Team,
Good evening,
My Name is Mr Varun <removed> Having my paypal account on the name of <removed>
And my merchant id is 8BVT**********

Recently i have come to know that my account got permantly limited.
i called your toll free they told me to mail you and explain my business model .

We are basically software service providers For computers and covers major market of india and now from last two months we also started providing our services to USA Clients,
We run our adds on internet through which our customer contacts us and ask for the services .We Provide them istantly over internet and charge right after the work done.

We are registered firm in India as I already submitted all the documents  to you before.
Now Here are also some attachments of our customers Invoices as proof of payments .

We Only sell virtual/ Digital products So there is no shipping proof .
Instead of that we can provide our customers details so that you can call them and ask them about our services and score of genunty and quality.

I request you to Please Reply me asap and restore my account as my business in USA is based on your merchant .
I am facing trouble to charge my customers.
Login to Me Too

concerneduser1
New Community Member

Am facing the same issue and i wonder if genuine sellers are not protected by paypal

Login to Me Too

Varun24
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Team,
Good evening,
My Name is Mr Varun Sharma Having my PayPal account on the name of Rava Business Solution
And my merchant id is 8BVTSSKB4ZU8W
Recently i have come to know that my account got permanent limited.
i called your toll free they told me to mail you and explain my business model .
We are basically software service providers For computers and covers major market of india and now from last two
months we also started providing our services to USA Clients,
We run our adds on internet through which our customer contacts us and ask for the services .We Provide them
instantly over internet and charge right after the work done.
We are registered firm in India as I already submitted all the documents to you before.
Now Here are also some attachments of our customers Invoices as proof of payments .
We Only sell virtual/ Digital products So there is no shipping proof .
Instead of that we can provide our customers details so that you can call them and ask them about our services and
score of genuine and quality.
I request you to Please Reply me asap and restore my account as my business in USA is based on your
merchant.
I am facing trouble to charge my customers.
Also if you need any document beside this just let me know
You Can Directly Call Me <removed>

Login to Me Too

Slikcmodzz
New Community Member

Same with mine because i opened a case review and now i cant do anything great job paypal!

Login to Me Too

ndunks
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I have same problems too, I was calling Indonesian Customer Service, and they say PayPal don't need me as customer anymore. Its realy hurt me.

Login to Me Too

akrova
New Community Member

hi. i have the same messege over two years ago

i gat a lot of cameras and sell it at wholesales price.

i was contact and told that i sold the item under market price and ask me to provide 

information.

after i provide all my information my account was limited.

and this messege appear

At PayPal, we have policies regarding abrupt or large shifts in business practices. We need some more information about some of your recent sales.

Your case ID is: PP-001-968-733-083

This limitation cannot be appealed.

contact customer service countless times but they all say the same . We dont know why . system dont describe why.

but say u can't appeal

never revice an explination more than u sold a lot that time. you cant appeal.

Login to Me Too

ndunks
Contributor
Contributor

Now we can use another than paypal, paypal is not designed for people like me.. you can try Skr*ll or P*yoneer,, I think is more user friendly,, Im happy using its.. no problem until now.. 

Maybe paypal user will moving to use another payment service that more have "Modern Method" that know about how people work and get money online!

Login to Me Too

Abandoned13
New Community Member

Hello

Paypal decided to hold my money and say to me that "This limitation cannot be appealed."

now it holds near 2000e from me without reason. beware of paypal, they do as they think, holding your money illegaly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.