Time it takes to get a refund hijacked account ebay

suncity28
New Community Member

My question is in regards to the amount of time to recive a refund.

I bought a Laptop from a seller from ebay so did a lot of other people including phones, gaming laptops, mac books etc etc all ranging from $1150 to $2800 AUD. I posted in the ebay forums in regards to this and the communtiy comments was it was a hijacked account as this seller/account had great feedback since 2008. This seller has recived 26 negative feedback last few days same thing as myself.

Tuesday 19/7/2016 item not received dispute

Thursday 21/7/2016 I was able to escalate the case. I selected the fraud option and provided all the information I had.

So now the case is in Waiting for the other parties response and I haft to wait till the 31/7/2016 before it goes to the next stage (requiring my action) clearly the person is not going to respond tothe case.

I contacted paypal via there online msg system all I got was copy and paste reply and now of the information I got was helpfull in any way or was anything close to the question and information I gave them.

Why do I haft to wait so long to get my money back/ It would be understandable if it was a legit seller or other issue this was fraud on mass scale and if paypal looked at the transactions and open cases against this person what see what`s happened here.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@suncity28

Because every dispute goes through the same procedure, they don't change the rules for the odd individual.

10 days after escalating the dispute to a claim you should be refunded within 48 hours of that date.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.