This limitation cannot be appealed

RyanCarter
New Community Member

PayPal limited my account permanently after I received a payment of $550 for an item I sold.

I thought that's what PP is all about - sending and receiving payments - but obviously, if you are a new customer and you DARE to receive ONE PAYMENT, your account will get limited.

And then you get a standard explanation like this:

Why is my account access limited?

At PayPal, we have policies regarding abrupt or large shifts in business practices. We need some more information about some of your recent sales.

And this is the best part:

This limitation cannot be appealed.

SO I get 1 payment and PayPal limits my account forever without the possibility to appeal? 

Now PayPal sits on my money for 180 days.

Good job PayPal. And good job in answering my emails by the way. Great support system.

Regards,

Ryan Carter

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

zoalfekar
Contributor
Contributor

dear

my PayPal account is limited and they say I can't appeal on it, am very sure that I used my account in a very safe way and I have provided all the required documents, am very unpleased and unhappy, as the decision has affected me in many ways, I don't know what to do and I have sent many emails but I got no reply from PayPal, I need to get my account reactivated asap.

can you help!?

thank you

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a PayPal user forum; it is NOT PayPal customer service.

You need to call PayPal customer service to discus account issues.

Login to Me Too

zoalfekar
Contributor
Contributor

did call many times, but i need to appeal against them decision, as it is totally unfair, so how do i do that.

thank you

Login to Me Too

Aaron13
Your account has been limited for more than 45 days. It will continue to be limited but you now have the ability to withdraw funds. 

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

• 09 mar 2015: We want to check with you to make sure that no one has logged in to your account without your permission.

Please take a moment to change your password and create new security questions. You should also take a look at your account information and recent transactions. Make sure that your account information (address, phone number, etc.) hasn't changed and that you recognize all of your recent transactions. 

If you see a payment that you don't recognize, let us know by going to the Resolution Center. Click "Dispute a Transaction" to report an unauthorized transaction.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-xxx-xxx-xxx.)

• 23 jan 2015: We need to confirm some of your account information.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-XXX-XXX-XXX.)

This limitation cannot be appealed.

HOW CAN I HAVE MY PAYPAL WORKING AGAIN?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Call PayPal customer service to get it resolved or at least answered.

Login to Me Too

zoalfekar
Contributor
Contributor

i called paypal customer and they said the same what is in the following message, i need my acount to be activated but i cant appeal against the descion and am sure my account is very safe and nothing wrong with it. what options i have ? if they saying i cant appeal any more??

thanks

the message i got on my account!! :

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

• 22 Dec 2015: For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal service we need some more information about your account

This limitation cannot be appealed against.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@zoalfekar

What happened with your account on or just before 22 Dec 2015?  What activity took place at that time?

Login to Me Too

zoalfekar
Contributor
Contributor

well nothing serious, i bought a dress from a friend of mine who share the same house with me but in order to use my paypal credit and in order to have a purchase receipt, she listed the item on ebay and i bought it throw paypal, then paypal ask me for more details and i send them everything they requested then suddenly the close my account.

thats all. if anyone look at  the case even anyone, its a clear and safe businesses but the issue is probably that we have the same address on our accounts!! thank you

really appreciated if you know how to appeal against the decision or at least let them be fare and tell me why! and how to get my account activated !!

thank again

Login to Me Too

ppstinks201
New Community Member

paypal sticks, just limited me for no reason

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@zoalfekar wrote:

well nothing serious, i bought a dress from a friend of mine who share the same house with me but in order to use my paypal credit and in order to have a purchase receipt, she listed the item on ebay and i bought it throw paypal, then paypal ask me for more details and i send them everything they requested then suddenly the close my account.

thats all. if anyone look at  the case even anyone, its a clear and safe businesses but the issue is probably that we have the same address on our accounts!! thank you

really appreciated if you know how to appeal against the decision or at least let them be fare and tell me why! and how to get my account activated !!

thank again

It is hard to understand if you want a dress from some one you know and live in the same house as you,the two of you have to go thru Ebay and Paypal to achieve it.

She has to pay Ebay final value fee ,possibly listing fee and Paypal fees so that you can use your PAYPAL credit card?

There must be more you are not telling us.

Paypal is a business,like eBAY,yAHoo,AMazon,it does not have to do business with anyone it does not want to. 

There are Paypal alternatives,you can google and find out

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.