Travel Notifications

l375bri
New Community Member

How can I send travel notifications to pay pal to avoid that my account and my credit card get locked?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kurq
New Community Member

I would really love to know the answer to this as well.  Anyone?

Login to Me Too

HLBig13
New Community Member

Not sure if you've found the answer or not, but I did find it while I was trying to notify Paypal.
Go to your "Profile" tab at the top of the page (may be a little gear symbol). From there, go to "Security", then "Travel Plans" will be one of the options.
It was easy to find once I figured it out~ if only where I am going were on the list of options to choose. Still working on that part!

@kurq wrote:

I would really love to know the answer to this as well.  Anyone?

Login to Me Too

mrhal
New Community Member

you have to do it over the phone. can't do it online. if you use your card abroad and don't notify them beforehand, they likely will freeze your account. 

Login to Me Too

emhinsch
New Community Member

Did you figure out the date format? The prompt give m/d/yy, but if you do that it keeps saying invalid date format. I called to set a travel notification, and they told me to call back the day before I leave, and the notification is good for only two weeks, which means I have to make an international call, with who kows how long of a wait time, to set an additional notification. Worst process ever. 

Login to Me Too

Punisher79
New Community Member

Oh, good.

It's not just me then.

I travel a couple times a year, and every year they freeze my card. lol.   This year I actually remembered to call them and tell them of my travel plans in a couple weeks....

...but couldn't get through on the phone.  20mins on hold waiting for a customer service rep.  Not impressed. 

Waited to get home to go online.  Even worse.  The website doesn't do jack, and the D/M/YY format is fubar.  Expected better from Paypal, tbh.

But, I've been with them for almost 10 yrs, and love them, so I'll keep using their services...  I just wished they worked as intended.  😕

Login to Me Too

Biberin
New Community Member

I just tried online, since I can fudge my dates to fit that unfortunate format.  It still won't work, because the country I'm visiting, Costa Rica, isn't on the drop down menu!  The last time I was there, and the times I've been in Guatemala, I've never bothered with notifing PayPal, and have used my card both at ATMs and stores/restaurants without any trouble, so I guess I won't worry about it this time, either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.