How do i get rid of paypal credit???

Gilded
New Community Member

I accidentally clicked on pay pal credit when all i wanted to do was set up a checking so i could get funds this way. Now i can't get rid of this please help! I do not want this paypal credit only my debit card is what i want. It won't let me get rid of my account either because it says that i need to pay my balance? What balance? I don't owe anything nor do i want to since i didnt want the credit HELP! I have zero balance but it wont let me close my account to try to make a new one with out a credit please help

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A phone call to PayPal is required to close a PayPal Credit account:  866-528-3733

Login to Me Too

cypherman
New Community Member

I too accidentally clicked on the Credit button to pay for a purchase.  What kind of BS is this?  I don't want your credit.  I didn't sign up for this.  Why is this showing up in my account??????  This is so f'ing stupid.  This was a stupid move, by a stupid person thinking it will be "clever" to put the buttons next to each other.....want an f'ing idiot.  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just call to cancel if you don't want PayPal Credit.

Login to Me Too

Azryu
Contributor
Contributor

Is it just people who are breezing through checkout and not reading anything? I declined the PayPal credit offer when I happen to see it without incident 😕

Login to Me Too

Azryu
Contributor
Contributor

@cypherman wrote:

I too accidentally clicked on the Credit button to pay for a purchase.

I didn't sign up for this.

...?

Login to Me Too

DaveElliott
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is funnier now!

Paid off my balence, go to close my account. " you can't close your account untill your balence is cleared". Waited a week. Nope still not letting me close it.

Minimum payment due
£0.00
Last statement balance
£0.00
Current balance
£0.00 

No pending transactions.

Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

shntat
New Community Member

i have asked through secure email several times to close my paypal credit account and setup payments. i keep getting denied this option with a generic message saying i need to call them. why is is it so hard to get this set up through email?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you want to know why you'll need to call PayPal and ask.  That's PayPal's policy; you need to call.

Login to Me Too

uhoh38125

lol "their policy"....  perfect canned answer from the opressors.

Login to Me Too

zeviel
New Community Member

Wow, I got scammed into this too.  Credit as a default option for payment.  I went to get a mortgage and they said what is this?  Credit inquiries hurt credit.  This business practice just hurt my credit.  Extremely upsetting.  Shame on you paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.