How do i get rid of paypal credit???

Gilded
New Community Member

I accidentally clicked on pay pal credit when all i wanted to do was set up a checking so i could get funds this way. Now i can't get rid of this please help! I do not want this paypal credit only my debit card is what i want. It won't let me get rid of my account either because it says that i need to pay my balance? What balance? I don't owe anything nor do i want to since i didnt want the credit HELP! I have zero balance but it wont let me close my account to try to make a new one with out a credit please help

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Borchert97

We should all sue PayPal for fraudulent behavior. The way they push this on us makes it LOOK like we're just trying to use our own credit card. Which is just what happened to me. I'm 18 and my credit score is fairly high and I don't want accidents like this to **bleep** me up early on in my life. Come on PayPal, pick your **bleep** up and get it together.

Login to Me Too

DaveElliott
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I just got stung on this too. £12 charge on a 26 pound bill that i thought had gone through on a straight card transaction rather than it had defaulted to credit. And no, phoneing custumer service is not an accpetable way to cancel this. If i can apply online i should be to cancel online as well.

Really not impressed and doubt i will be using paypal again anytime soon.

Login to Me Too

uhoh38125

They have it together bud.  They spend a lot of time making games that help them, while you do your work.

Login to Me Too

Tonez2600
New Community Member

How do you "accidentally" apply for credit. You have to answer several questions in order to get the credit account established. 

Login to Me Too

bt90804
Contributor
Contributor

I dont remember how I got Paypal Credit but I have to say I wish ghey were my daily credit card that I could usein brick and mortar stores.  You can pay your bill on the due date up until midnight. The late fee is 5 dollars.  They always offer interest free financing promotions on products that have helped me payoff  large online purchases.  The operators are the nicest I have ever dealt with.  Their automated services are intuitive, helpful and easy to navigate.  I love paypal credit.  I wish they had an actual card i could carry with me.  My dealings with them have always been pleasant.  Try it out complainers.

Login to Me Too

Bradb2017

You love a credit "service" that doesn't report your online monthly payments, or your paid in full balances to the major credit bureus?  Only lets you set up automatic payments for MINIMUM BALANCE (because they want you to default on their 6 months no interest and this is another SLEEZY way of helping them ensure you do).You can set auto payments only for full balance or minimum, but say you buy a $600 item and want to auto pay $100 for the next 6 months, UMM...NOPE says paypal...WE CANT HELP YOU ENSURE YOU DONT DEFAULT..WE'RE SHADY CROOKS and do business in shady ways!  Best way to get by that is just setup bill pay through your bank and have your bank send the same payment (Total amount of item divided by 5 or 6) each month automatically a week before your due date. I'm riddin myself of these crooks...paypal accounts closing. Good day.

Login to Me Too

Shynegrey

I made a purchase using my paypal account WITH my CREDIT CARD! NOT paypal credit, why in the **bleep** do I even have paypal credit I DO NOT WANT IT! I have a paypal account in order to make purchases using my CREDIT CARDS as I do NOT have a bank account and now I discover that I can not even use my credit card to make a payment on YOUR mistake! I am FURIOUS and highly DISGUSTED with your service.

Login to Me Too

Westher089
New Community Member
Go to ftc.gov and fill out a report about never having made an account with PP credit. Fax the report to PP credit disputes number to have the account closed.
Login to Me Too

edgar172
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to buy something online and mistook the pay with paypal credit for the regular paypal button. Before I knew it I had enrolled in paypal credit. Unfortunately, it's really hard to figure out how to cancel paypal credit. I had to dig around before finding the number. 

It wouldn't be such a big deal except I don't want a credit inquiry because I just hit a credit score goal and this would take points off.

Please paypal if you are listening, don't make it so easy to enroll in this credit line that someone can accidentally enroll. This is not right. I appreciate how easy it is to buy things online with paypal, but this feels like a trick.

Login to Me Too

Cigarsmoke
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem.  And I can't sign in because they don't know who I am.

never signed up.  Keep billing me.  Frauds

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.