How do i get rid of paypal credit???

Gilded
New Community Member

I accidentally clicked on pay pal credit when all i wanted to do was set up a checking so i could get funds this way. Now i can't get rid of this please help! I do not want this paypal credit only my debit card is what i want. It won't let me get rid of my account either because it says that i need to pay my balance? What balance? I don't owe anything nor do i want to since i didnt want the credit HELP! I have zero balance but it wont let me close my account to try to make a new one with out a credit please help

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

JDB218
Contributor
Contributor

Do you think Amazon credit lets you pay your account off with another line of credit? Can you make a car payment with a credit card? No, you can't.

Jesus, I just came in this to forum to see if I needed to call to cancel my account, and guess what I did when I saw the phone number provided? I called it and cancelled it. If you can't take an extra second to make sure you aren't signing up FOR A LINE OF CREDIT TO YOUR NAME, then I shouldn't be surprised you won't take a minute to call a customer service line and call said line of credit. 

Login to Me Too

legnaagetro
New Community Member

I Agree this paypal credit is a scam.  Now you have to be even more careful when you purchase something using paypal in order to avoid paypal credit scam.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Users of credit must always be careful and use the credit and pay off wisely.  PayPal Credit is a great way to make credit purchases; users just need to understand payment and interest accruals.   When used wisely it won't have any negative impact on your high credit rating.

Login to Me Too

2TheBS
New Community Member

Same here. Total BS by paypal.

Ebay is in cahoots with this also.

if you select pay with paypal on an ebay purchase, it will change it to paypal credit without your authorization and without notifying you.

So sleazy.

Login to Me Too

mbahrenburg
New Community Member

It's great that you offer this service, but I strongly object to the way you drive it's adoption. The auto-enrollment or selection of this service at checkout is rediculous and violates your customers trust. What other surprises will you try to slip in to the checkout transation in the future.  You should at minimum offer a simple and online way to cancel.  If I have to call someone, it will be to close my account.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I suppose you can do both one one phone call, making it quite simple.

Best wishes with a different payment processor.

Login to Me Too

Phaxman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone!

What I would like is a setting on my account so that the "PayPal Credit" banner never appears when I am sending money.

It is bad enough that we have to look at the PayPal Credit option as an option, but it is WAY too confusing to suddenly see what appears to be PayPal Credit as the ONLY payment option!

That is a VERY deceptive practice on PayPal's part!

It would be ridiculously easy for PayPal to add a setting to everyone's account to allow them to switch off any reference to PayPal Credit!

Login to Me Too

63dart
New Community Member
It is a scam been using paypal for many years so when i made my last purcase i didn't think much about it didn't realize i signed up for credit an since i get e-mail from them almost daily that i mostly ignore until yesterday and i found out that i was a month late and now l not only owe for original $25.00 but also a 27.00 late fee for a total of $52.00 cannot trust them anymore and i will never use them again and will bad mouth them every chance l get
Login to Me Too

uhoh38125

These people make their entire living on tricks, scams, and strong efforts to lock you in.  Beware of the EVIL!  I will NEVER go back to asking these thieves for money.

Login to Me Too

sarsons2
New Community Member

What about us in the UK?  no phone number but email or Web only thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.