Possible fraud?

IanCowan
New Community Member

Hi,  Selling expensive dining room set on Kijiji.  Guy texted me asking me send him an e-mail to him with some more information.

Now he wants to buy it, pay via PayPal, add 4.6% PayPal surcharge.  He wants me to send him a PayPal invoice and when I receive payment he will send a shipping company to pick it up.  He says he lives in the States and does this all the time.

Below is his e-mail to me.  My question is once I recieve payment and validate that it is indeed in my PayPal account does that mean I am fir sure paid?  Sounds like he is taking a risk but at the same time this transaction he is requesting simply does not pass the smell test.  Is this guying trying to scam me?

Thx in advance for your help.  Ian.

Sound Good, I am happy with the condition and the price. I will be paying directly through PayPal. i'm presently working in USA as a marine biologist so i won't be able to come and do things personally,  But i will arrange a shipping courier that will pick it up at your door step as soon as you receive the payment, I have a Courier agent that handles this all the time. I'll add the 4.6% paypal surcharge to the total amount I'm paying you. If you could just send me a paypal payment invoice or create an account at www.paypal.com if you don't already have one and set it up within 5mins, Please can you provide me with the following information:

Name:
PayPal Email address:
Cell Phone No:
Total Amount:

So once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping company after you get the payment. I will need your home address for the Item to be Picked Up by the Shipping Company.

Best Regard,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Fraud!

Typical fraud email!

Ignore is best option!

Login to Me Too

Kittkatt68
New Community Member

I just got a similar email from a woman wanting to buy my furniture.   Total fraud

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

why should he pay you for the Paypal surcharge?

Thats your cost of accepting payment thru Paypal.

wait till he sent you the money and then ask you to take some of that money and pay the shipper,thats how they scam you.

Then someone will come and haul the stuff away.

then they will file item not received,how do you prove delivery?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.