Help with pending payment! =)

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

Hello so my pending payment is ready next week, 

i have an original transaction and related transaction, i want to know: Why is there a refund pending status, if i didnt issue a refund? i will provide a screenshot.

Thanks in advance!

i just need to know if this is normal for pending payments received.

Screenshot

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I suppose there was a problem with the sale.

What are the details of the sale?

Login to Me Too

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an account on https://www.playerup.com/

the buyer pays, i give details, buyer confirms account, then my payment is sent from the website. very easy,

They are paypal verified etc, im just not sure how pending balances work, so is this normal?

Login to Me Too

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

is there an issue? is this not normal?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's not normal, but, unless we know details, we can't offer suggestions.

What was the product?

What was on the original transaction details page?

Did you ship the item?

Where is the origin?

Where is the destination?

Login to Me Too

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

this transaction was done on playerup (website to sell accounts for games, etc)

They are paypal verified etc. 

Buyer buys account, website holds money until i give account details of the game, then after the buyer confirms account, website sends me the money. 

also, if this is "refunded" woulndt i receive a email? can i cancle this refund? etc

~~~~

question 2: i found this on this forum, 

Understanding the transaction history can be a bit confusing. If you receive a payment and it is placed on hold, the payment amount may show as a negative number but it is not subtracted from your PayPal account. Once the payment review completes, the payment will post to your balance as a positive amount.  It is best to check your transaction history for the status of the payment and if it is pending, you can watch for the payment to complete to your balance.

Is this what is happening?^^?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First and foremost, it was a virtual item so you have no seller protection.  You can't show delivery, which is required for protection.  

Perhaps buyer disputed something about the purchase, but then you would have likely received a dispute notice.

If it had been an unauthorized charge dispute, you woud have had a notice.

This leaves it to likely something related to the "website" and an issue that PayPal has.

Without knowing anything about the "website" and the buyer account and virtual item, there is no was to offer more.  Suggest you look at all of those specific details.  In the case of a security issue that PayPal recognizes with the transaction, it is unlikely that you would receive a notice, just the automatic refund.

When there is a refund, you should have a detial record on you activity list.

Login to Me Too

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

so i was right? this is a refund?

Login to Me Too

Lazereye
Contributor
Contributor

if it is a refund , why is the payment still pending?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It does look like a refund.  if you click on the transaction, it should the other part.

Not knowing details about the transaction details, one can only speculate. 

PayPal may still be investigating an issue.  I might be a transaction that was initiated and just needs to wait a couple day to complete.  

Details of the transaction matter and they weren't provided.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.