HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

sorry to hear all of this & believe me your not alone. Too bad but from every person on this board leaving there dissapointment in ebay's new system. It has accually been going on for quite some time. The only advice i can give to you is to leave ebay. Refund everyone there payments & close account. Move to a auction site that will treat you right. I did. I moved to ebid.net. Try that. They are alot better than paying all the fee's plus they treat you right!

Login to Me Too

SirTinLee
Contributor
Contributor

@whyte66angels wrote:

sorry to hear all of this & believe me your not alone. Too bad but from every person on this board leaving there dissapointment in ebay's new system. It has accually been going on for quite some time. The only advice i can give to you is to leave ebay. Refund everyone there payments & close account. Move to a auction site that will treat you right. I did. I moved to ebid.net. Try that. They are alot better than paying all the fee's plus they treat you right!

Good point, but why limit yourself to ebid?  Why not use other sites like ecrater.com, webstore.com, or blujay.com?  There are many other sites you might like, just check them out by searching for "ebay alternatives".

Login to Me Too

Nehmo
Contributor
Contributor

SirTinLee wrote:...

Good point, but why limit yourself to ebid?  Why not use other sites ...

[/quote]

I'm used to useing eBay. That's the simple answer. But it will have to change now.

I suggest everybody go to the Contact Us on PayPal (to get a number to use on the call) and then call Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Call Us". Eventually, they'll get the idea. 

Login to Me Too

DerekAntos
Contributor
Contributor

Sold something on eBay. Printed shipping label using eBay, tracking information automatically entered into eBay. Delivered Tuesday morning. Positive feedback received instantly. Payment availability date was changed to 12/02/11 on both eBay and PayPal. It has reached that day. Now when I check PayPal the funds are still on hold. I go to check the what the availability date is on PayPal and it says "try again later" as if there is an error while eBay still shows 12/02/11.

What is going on here? Its been 3 days past confirmed delivery and the availability date even said today 

Login to Me Too

Master0fPuppets
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same thing here. If they're not available by 5PM today, I'm contacting my lawyer, and the Better Business Bureau. I've been seeing posts since March of 2010 about this same exact issue - I think almost 2 years of complaints should have had some sort of resolution by now. I'm almost tempted to start a petition on FB and twitter (I've got hundreds of high-profile followers in the recording and entertainment industry) to boycott PayPal for these actions. Each day they hold our funds, they make interest from them - this is clearly a way they've been making an extra few million a month for the past 2 years, and no one has done anything about it. I am. Period.

Login to Me Too

brianlowellco

They are holding my funds for 21 days when they specfically said that it would only be three. How nice!

Login to Me Too

beachgurl
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. It says my funds are availible today but I can't get them!!!! I wanted my money today because I needed it and paypal still tells me funds pending.

Login to Me Too

Jack46530
New Community Member

One purchaser paid me $41.00 for a purchase on Nov 17.  Only $15.00 was made available to me.  When will the balance be made available????????

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Jack46530, and welcome to the forums!

I can clarify this for you! 🙂

The portion that was made available was for the purposes of shipping the product. The held portion is released the tracking has shown delivery for 3 full days. If no tracking is available, the remainder will be released after 21 full days have passed since the transaction, as long as there have not been any disputes filed. Did you purchase your label with delivery confirmation through PayPal?

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Parker72
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia,

I'd like to hear how Paypal justifies keeping the money of a person who has been on ebay for years with a 100% feedback rating. I sent my item as I always have, insured and for free to the winning buyer.  When I went to withdraw my money as I always have, the policies have changed.  First it took 3 days for my money to go from Paypal, now it takes ups to 21 days for it to be available, then I assume 3 days for it to transfer.  Where is the interest accrued that the ridiculous amount of money your company is holding, at any given time, going?  Not to the sellers.  You have opened a public relations nightmare.  You owned the online billing/payment world.  Now you are about to flush it down the toliet.  I will be looking into selling on Amazon henceforth.  Good luck paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.