Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

hilfe911

Here is what consistently worked for me(VISA):

During ebay checkout after paypal login, on the page where you see the blue link(middle-ish of page) for choosing currency conversion method:

- clicked on the link
- option page came up, with either CCard or paypal conversion
- I ticked the paypal option bullet point, then changed back to my ccard, THEN 'submit'
- though nothing really has changed, I have the same option chosen as when I logged in...
- came back to the normal payment page
- clicked continue or whatever
- getting final confirmation page
- and now it actually worked as normal, after clicking (without giving error page instead) the 'confirm payment' button

It may take a couple of tries, but at least I was able to pay!
Using regular VISA, if that is of any significance.

Still, could just be a random fluke('luck'), and the above having no significance whatsoever - but with only 2 tries within

3 minutes, I suspect different...

Oh well, just thought I'd mention it, in case it actually helps someone  🙂

(and this was all on a very old InternetExplorer version....!)

Login to Me Too

411gf
Contributor
Contributor

Go to  paypal website   on the top  of screen  click on  transfer fund    that will take you to your bank  ( if you add the bank when you sign up for paypal acc't)        i added fund to my paypal acc't yesterday  hoping i can make a pmt.    

Login to Me Too

turbo_phid
New Community Member

I´m havng this problem as well. How can i fix it?

Login to Me Too

pitvris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same trouble

Login to Me Too

morkiukas
Contributor
Contributor

There is a regulation changes in some countries (Baltic states),  from 13th october you've must login to your credit card  account (internet bank) and confirm, that you want to make secure purchases on internet

Login to Me Too

luigi256

Same problem

Login to Me Too

luigi256

I managed to get this working. I think that the error code hides multiple issues from looking through here Error Codes there are three different problems that lead to the same error code.

- Account not associated with a usable funding source.

- Credit card or Billing Agreement is required to complete payment.

- Instruct the buyer that PayPal is unable to process the payment and redisplay alternative payment methods with which the buyer can pay.

Error Case:

1. I had added a card using ebay's paypal portal this didn't flag any errors.

2. Then I got a whole bunch of #10417 errors using chrome, firefox, safari

3. I tried removing and re-adding the card wanted to use, when I did this paypal gave an error that it could not add the card (aha) essentially that my bank would not allow payments to paypal

4. I then added another card using paypal and went throught the payment method and it worked !!

Anyway I hope this information is helpful or relevant to someone

Login to Me Too

Mithus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone. Im from Portugal.......Same error here.

After several contacts with my bank (Santander), they told me an entity called "paywatch" issued a warning on my card, because they detected suspicious activity from the seller.

Login to Me Too

411gf
Contributor
Contributor

Year  me too  have a problem  since  yesterday morning.     i can think of 2 things i can try  to see if gonna work..   one is to add fund to my paypal acc't   even paypal is telling you that when you  add the bank  your max spending is limit to $10.000                  other  way is to make pmts from Paypal website  to send money  for goods    i think if you click on paying for ebay item won   it will redirect you to the ebay site .     if you come up with other suggestion  let me know   okay?  thanks

Login to Me Too

paolo_bici
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem help please....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.