Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

t-eqm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Paypal has solved my problem.

You just need to go to your profile and update the card info, eg. security code, expiry date, etc.

When i finished it told me that the info was the same as the previous, which is correct, i clicked save and then, after a few minutes ( because i wanted to wait) i was ok! I could then finish my purchase.

I don't if will work for everybody, but paypal sent me an email telling me how to solve this in about 48 hours.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Hideman
New Community Member

I have the same problem. I won an item from the ebay but when I click on the paymet I have this Error code #10417 and I cannot complete the payment to the seller. What can I do?

Login to Me Too

cheztaa
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem. I go on ebay, i click pay for item, everything is a breeze, i log onto paypal fine i click confirm payment fine but the second time i click it i get this:

We were not able to process your payment.
Login to Me Too

lewis2k11
New Community Member

i am having the problem now and the seller need me to pay for the item but the Error code #10417 wont let me please someone help

Login to Me Too

msgrafis

hello, I googled n found this page !!

i have same problem with same error code also !

everything was just FINE before suddenly that error code happens...:( gonna email the seller so that i can send her by paypal... please help me solve this problem... I could not use my ebay coupon due to this issue.....

Login to Me Too

Nuefafa
Contributor
Contributor

i have same problem here i cant buy anything with paypal.but i can use my card on amazon so i think is not card's problem,plz help me,because i really need paypal for buy eaby goods!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Flightdeck1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i have just tried to pay for a product i have purchased on ebay, and i am having the same problem with PayPal. It wont let me pay for my item?????...need help ASAP PLEASE

Login to Me Too

Haynes
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with error code #10417 I've tried to pay ebay purchases with my master card to two different sellers, but I can't get through, please help!

Login to Me Too

Koi15

I'm getting the same issue on ebay today.

I wish that it would be resolved asap

Login to Me Too

sanji011
New Community Member

same Error Code #10417 when i try to pay AUD 2.99 from my visa debit card (LKR)

please help me asap. 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.