Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

Flightdeck1
Contributor
Contributor

hi..to everyone having this error. I rang Paypal today about my problems not  being able to make purchases. The outcome was that the reason for not being able to purchase was down to the fact that my bank issued me a new debit card, which has a new expiry date. When you get a new card you must change your details, (i.e expiry date), in you account details page on PalPal's site....hop this of help to you, let me know here if it works for you   Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

ivanintegra
New Community Member

Thanks.... This solution Work for me

Login to Me Too

browningjr
New Community Member

I am having issues paying for somethin on ebay that i ordered..it tells me that it cannot be processed..this is really making me angry and now i have to contact seller and let them kno what is going on

Login to Me Too

CCarey623
New Community Member

I've had the same problem all weekend. Tonight rather than login I used their pay with credit or debit card guest feature and that worked. So while they're trying to fix the glitch that might be something the rest of you can try.

Login to Me Too

krielly

This error is ANYTHING but solved. I called a few hours ago after I got this random error,

We're not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please try again later.

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to eBay and try another option.

The woman I spoke with had me try in Internet Explorer (since I use Mozilla Firefox) and it still didn't work. She said it was an error on their side and to check back in a few hours. She said my email address would be forwarded to their security department and to email the seller immediately. I still can't pay for my item.

"GREAT" paypal, because sellers are SO PATIENT on eBay now with PayPal as a payment option. >_< I hope the seller is understanding.

UPDATE: I did notice my expiration date was wrong in my card information (NOT at my doing) so I corrected that and it STILL didn't process my payment for my eBay auction.

Login to Me Too

sarah1976
New Community Member

This is driving me insane, I am trying to pay for my sons birthday pressie which is next wk and it wont let me!!

Login to Me Too

krakenfelt
New Community Member

having the same problem. recently transfered funds to my linked account. not processing, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Login to Me Too

jtran95624
Contributor
Contributor

try to process payment ,  wont process what is error code #10417

Login to Me Too

laksimo
New Community Member

same problem!!!! Error Code #10417

Login to Me Too

janisroze
New Community Member

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to let you know that I too HAD this error, few moments ago.

I was using Opera and then I simply tried to use Firefox for this matter - and IT WORKED!

Just my 2 cents.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.