Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

ThunderT1
New Community Member

I am getting the same message. In the bottom right corner of the message this error code appears:

Error Code #10417

I have a perfect record on ebay and would be very disapointed to get negative feedback over something that is not my fault.

Peace

Login to Me Too

suioius
New Community Member

I cant make payment with using paypal. tried confrim payment on e-bay. i did this many times over..but this time it wont let me do it. so what should i do with this error code #10417?

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Someone with the same quesiton has already had a solution:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal/Error-Code-10417-Your-request-could-not-be-proce...

That should help.

Login to Me Too

DJFrankieFigs
New Community Member

its says

We were not able to process your payment.
  • Please contact paypal customer servicefor further assistance.

Error Code #10417

please someone help!!!

DJ Frankie Figs

Login to Me Too

edipmurat
Contributor
Contributor

try with another browser. it solved my problem.

Login to Me Too

braydem
New Community Member

error code  #10417

Login to Me Too

mikael211
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this problem too and it is very annoying.

eBay isn't allowing to me pay for my items I've won from a recent auction.

I get an error message that reads: "We were unable to load your cart". When I try to use the Send Money tab and pay for eBay items.  I continue to the eBay site from the link and it gives me that error. Could that be that eBay has recently changed how Purchase History is displayed now? Has the API or something that links the 2 sites crashed?

When I try to use Pay Now on eBay directly, I get a different error "Sorry, we could not complete your request at this time. Please try again later". This has been going on for a couple days and as I understand is affecting a lot of users. The recent updates that eBay has made has broken the payment functionalities. Can this please be addressed. Thank you so much in advance! 

Login to Me Too

daedalus256
Contributor
Contributor

I would have posted this in the longer thread but this is my first time on the forums and I couldn't figure out how to post on it...

I just got this: "Error Code #10417" when attempting to pay for my item on ebay.

I researched it through forums and checked the following before posting:

I tried processing the payment on a different browser with no luck.

I checked to make sure I didn't have any old expired cards on my account, I don't.

Not sure what it could be, I have used Paypal to pay for ebay purchases for years with no problems.

I am hoping for a speedy resolution as I have a great record and feedback score and i'd rather it not be affected by this issue.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PatrickSeguin

I'm having the exact same problem - please fix this, paypal.

Login to Me Too

SwaggerMan77
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this same exact problem. I desperately want this fixed so I can get back to buying stuff.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.