Announcement: Please Read

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

As Olivia mentioned in her post about up and coming changes, we're going to be moving quite a few things around in the near future.  At this point in time, we're expecting the US PayPal Community Help Forums to experience downtime on Monday, January 30th, starting at 8 PM CST. 

What does this mean for me?

During this period, you won't be able to access the US PayPal Community Help Forums.  If you do attempt to access them, you should receive an error message stating your access is denied.  Don't fret - you'll have it back as soon as the changes are complete. 

Please note, all other portions of the PayPal website should be unaffected and will function normally.

How long will this take?

We've scheduled the necessary maintenance to run from 8 PM CST until Midnight.  However, we hope to have your new Community available much, much sooner than midnight.  The moderation staff will work as quickly as they can to implement the changes, conduct maintenance, and turn the lights back on for you to check out the new boards.

Why are you doing this?

Olivia's post about what is going to change covers the reasons we're taking this opportunity to conduct maintenance and make improvements.

Does this change affect any other Community?

No.  Only the US PayPal Community Help Forum will be affected.

Will I stil be able to use PayPal.com to make and receive payments?

Yes.  The maintenance we are conducting should not impact any other portion, feature, or service of PayPal.

You're sure?

Yes.

Ok, but, will I be able to see all of my old posts?

Yes.  None of your old content is going away, and will still be available in the new Archives section.  While you won't be able to reply to posts in the Archive, if your question hasn't been answered, please feel free to re-post or link to your question.  We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Is this going to happen again?

This is an expansive change that has been a monumental effort by every member of the moderation team.  We're very proud of what we've accomplished, but you might see us tweak a few features here and there, maybe even introduce something new.... or improved... but you'll have to stick around to see what gets better Smiley Wink  And no, we shouldn't have to turn off the lights again anytime soon.

Are there any other changes I should know about?

Yes.  With the new Community will come a host of new content, so please review the new Community Guide section once it is available if you're a new or returning member.  How we moderate the Community will essentially be the same, but with new boards, come new features, and we've set up a number of articles to help you understand how they work and how they should  be used.  You'll be able to locate these in the new Community Guide section, and we'll also be placing similar articles in each of the new boards.

That about sums it up - I'll leave this thread open for questions regarding the changes if you have any.  Oh, and just in case you may not have seen it yet... did you notice the new emoticons?

Take care,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia
I'm very excited about the upcoming changes! Adrian and I and the rest of the moderation team will be around to answer any questions regarding the changes, so please, ask away!

PayPal_Adrian wrote: 
Oh, and just in case you may not have seen it yet... did you notice the new emoticons?

I Heart Cat LOL Cat Happy !!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.