after cancelling automatic subscription/direct payment it doesn’t work with the vendor anymore

misterduke
Contributor
Contributor
Ive seen on my paypal that i had several automatic payment entries in my profile so I deactivated some. little did i know that this meant i could never pay via those vendors again. I tried to pay something on alipay for example and even apple id payment doesn’t work anymore cause it says paypal doesnt allow it. wtf? trying to reactivate the automatic payment doesnt work cause there is no option. on apple or alipay I can’t do new payments since it says paypal doesnt allow it. what do i do now? delete my whole paypal and subscribe again with a new profile? I talked with the paypal support yesterday and they said well the software of them declined the payments but can’t tell why. do I’m fully lost now.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @misterduke

Welcome! Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. I can understand it must be a bit frustrating when you're unable to make a purchase when you wish. If you cancel an automatic payment or billing agreement with a merchant, you just have to complete a purchase with that merchant again to setup a new billing agreement or automatic payment profile. 

However, if you run into issues completing that purchase, here's a great Help Center article you may find useful: Why was my payment declined?

I hope that helps,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

misterduke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi John, thanks for the answer - I just saw it. Well, the issue is that I can't just use Paypal again for this merchant once I deactivated the pay option for it. For example, after I deactivated Apple Services I realized I couldn't pay for things with Paypal on my iPhone anymore. Even when I bought something totally new with my iPhone via Paypal it didn't work. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.