Problem connecting JCB cards to my PayPal account

FariFab
New Community Member

When I opened my PayPal account I added my Japanese bank account (with Fukuoka Bank) as well as a JCB Debit card connected to that bank account to add funds and transfer money.

I used it to pay different things, such as wish and online course subscriptions.

All showed up on my JCB Debit card statement as PAYPAL * WISH or PAYPAL * CLICKBANK with a lot of information in the description field.

A while ago I could not make a payment and got the information there was no payment method connected to my PayPal account.

I tried adding another JCB card (prepaid credit card issued by LINE), but it still showed there was no payment method (even though there are 3 now!)

I used another payment method (not PayPal) and forgot about it.

(Next time I bought something from wish, funds were taken and from and also refunded to my PayPal account without problems and my Debit card was charged. So it seems already connected shops still work.)

Now I have the same problem again: I want to pay a new subscription via PayPal but it shows "no payment methods are connected to my account".

I checked my cards and realized they are not verified by the 4 number code method.

I tried to verify both (JCB Debit card connected to my Fukuoka Bank account and JCB prepaid debit card issued by LINE).

On both I was charged 200 yen, but no code shows up!

After checking online, other users of the JCB prepaid debit card issued by LINE had the same problem (because there is no complete card statement).

So my hopes are on my JCB Debit card. I can check the card statement online on MyJCB.

THERE IS NO CODE! It just says "overseas transaction", nothing in the description field.

Doesn't even say PayPal. But it's the correct amount at the correct time.

I checked older payments to PayPal and all have lots of details in the description field.

Why now there is nothing, when it's the one time that it would be really important???

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.