Paypal charged wrong account

LMP1717
New Community Member
PayPal just sent a payment to someone from the account that IS NOT my preferred account and I can’t figure out why or how to correct it now? Is this fraudulent somehow? Is my bank account at risk?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LMP1717 

Every time a payment is processed through PayPal, it goes through a series of filter for the possibility of risk. If the system deems risk, it may temporarily block the payment or change the payment method. When this happens, it's not a reflection of you or your account activities, but rather the system have noticed a pattern associated with higher-than-normal risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RuneSkye
New Community Member

If PayPal determines that the payment is a risk, why go through with the charge at all? That makes no sense whatsoever. I recently had the same thing happen. I have YouTube TV and they charge every month and have been for a couple of years now. This month, the payment was sent to my alternate account - which happens to be bank account instead of a credit card. I only have the bank account to transfer money, it should never be billed to or from. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.